Who makes 255/50/16 tires ?

blackgn231

Money pit
I bought a set of Riken 16x9.5 wheels and am looking for a 255/50/16 for the rear of my car but these are hard to find does anyone know where to buy these ? I see B.F Goodrich makes one but not anyone else .

if your not looking for drag radials... buy American..Cooper cobra it's.. they come in that size and amazon sells

sorry I was looking at wrong ones... Cooper does not have in 16"... only ones I found were Avon... GL

I have the Toyo Proxes 255 50 16 drag radials on my car with Mario’s GNX wheels, you can break them loose but they hold way better than any street radial tire ever wood.I had BF Goodrich street tires it was dangerous on a punch at say 40 would never go back to them.

There are a few choices in 245/50, but BFG G-force Sport Comps are the only street tire in 255/50. Otherwise Toyo makes road race/drag radials, Mickey Thompson has the ET Street SS drag radial, and Hoosier has a drag radial and road race tire.

I bought a set of Riken 16x9.5 wheels and am looking for a 255/50/16 for the rear of my car but these are hard to find does anyone know where to buy these ? I see B.F Goodrich makes one but not anyone else .
That's what I have on mine BFG's. I agree, not many options in that size.

Also Coker tire has a BFG street tire in 275/65R16. Kind of pricey though...

What offset is needed to run 16" GNX wheels on an 87 GN with no fender flares?

The 0 offset (4.5” backspace) reproduction wheels are ideal.

I had some 16x 8.5 wheels (4” backspace) -19 offset that were too far out and rubbed on the inside of the front fender on big dips with 255/50-16’s at stock height.

Last edited:
I also run 16x9.5 rikens in the rear, I ended up with toyo proxes tq. 275/45/16 $220 a piece. I couldn't find any street radials in that size. I used to run 295/45/16 bfg street tires but they dont make them anymore. M&H like other drag radials are just too expensive at $400 a piece. I havent put many miles on my toyos yet but they fit perfectly with out notching or fender rolling. IMHO 255z would be too small for 16x9.5z they would work but would look narrowed on the width size rim.

Toyos proxes tq at almost half the prices of others the seem like a sure bet and at least worth a try! I've read if you keep the burnouts low you can get 10k miles out of them, much better the other DR's. Kind of the middle ground for DR's, toyos have harder compound so they arent the best for racing but they will last a lot longer then m&h, mt's, or nittos.

Last edited:
I agree with everybody that mentioned the Toyo Proxes TQ.

Attachments

• 20220520_231646.jpg
    20220520_231646.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 66