Who makes the best alky chip??

JUSTAV6

Getting High On PSI
I need a good street chip + race chip, For alky,, Can anyone sent me the right way for this,
Thanks to you all
Seneca Lafler,

I've been doing alcohol stuff for about 7 years now. If you have the setup to run the variable timing chips, thats a real plus with alcohol.

Originally posted by JayC
I've been doing alcohol stuff for about 7 years now. If you have the setup to run the variable timing chips, thats a real plus with alcohol.

What kind of set up do I have to have to run a variable timing chip,
Please let me know,
Thanks Jay,
Seneca Lafler,

You need the Turbolink boost sensing setup to use the variable timing chips.

Wow that was fast, Nope I dont have the turbolink, do ya have any other chips for alky that I could run??
Thanks Again Jay,
Seneca Lafler,

Setting up an alcohol chip without the variable timing stuff is not much different than setting up a regular chip, just some of the curves are changed. Feel free to email me if you have any other questions.

Will the boost sensing setup work by itself? Im using directscan, which plugs directly into the ecm so that leaves the diagnostic ports open I would guess. Or by plugging into the service port on the bottom of the ecm do you disable some other outputs? Just thinking it might be good to use Turbolink for the boost feedback and tuning and use Directscan for chip burning data collection. Just my ramblings. Better yet, would the boost sensing hardware work with directscan?

Dave

Jay,
Can you run T-link and Max Effort together at the same time?
:confused:
thanx,
Istvan
'86 GNAT [orig. owner]
'87 Regal T w/ turbo [3rd owner, daily driver]

The harness will work without turbolink. All you need to do to use the variable timing stuff is have the harness plugged in, you don't need TL.

Let me phrase that differently,

Can I run T-link with Max Effort and still record boost at the same time?:confused: :confused:

Thanx,
Istvan
'86 GNAT [orig. owner]
'87 Regal T w/ turbo [3rd owner, daily driver]

The best answer to that I can give you is "I dont know." If I had to guess I would say you probably could but without seeing any of Steve's stuff in a long time, I can't say for sure whether it would work okay or not.

Best thing to do to be safe is to ask Steve.

yes, you can run boost sensing and the maxeffort but steve does not like it because he uses the temperature adjustments in the ME. However, if you run the Translator version of the ME, then the temperature adjustments are removed and the boost sensing works fine.

I have run it with the standard maf chip and thought it was okay but he has chewed me out for doing it. *L*

BTW, I have only seen one of Jays chips with the boostsensing feature but it worked very well.

Boost sensing hardware and MAF 3bar sensor

The harness will work without turbolink. All you need to do to use the variable timing stuff is have the harness plugged in, you don't need TL.

Jay or Ken

Ive been reading all the threads that talk about this stuff but Im still confused. Maybe someone could answer the basic stuff that Im missing. Cant understand the details if you dont get the basics, so....

1. What does the boost sensing harness and 3 bar sensor do? Does it provide more feedback to the ecm? Where is the information being routed to that the sensor picks up?

2. Using this information you can use a variable timing chip. If its not giving away any trade secrets, where does this information go in the chip and does it use the feedback from the maf sensor to adjust or do you just use the info you get from the sensor to burn a variable timing chip?

Maybe someone could write up a whitepaper on this stuff. Im sure Im not the only (or first) one to ask these questions.

David

I ran the Variable timing chip in my 86GN before it got stolen. It was an amazing difference between that chip and the RA93 chip I was using.

The acceleration seemed very linear. It pulled hard everywhere.

I was also able to run a few # more boost with it.

The car was a stock GN except filter, chip, and fuel system. it ran 13.2@104 at 19psi on pump gas.

With a differnet maker race chip, slicks, and race gas it only went 12.88@106 at 19psi (20psi slowed the car down)