You can type here any text you want

Who rebuilds their own 200r4s?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

highboostgn

I have a fair amount of experience with automatics and was wondering what rebuild kit most of you guys use and what to upgrade while rebuilding. Also what's the best shop manual out there for these?

Thanks,

Donnie

C
I have a fair amount of experience with automatics and was wondering what rebuild kit most of you guys use and what to upgrade while rebuilding. Also what's the best shop manual out there for these?

Thanks,

Donnie
CK has a good manual and he has the parts. I rebuilt mine in 2001 and had never done an automatic befor. It lasted about a year. I did a basic stock rebuild .The 2, Real Art Carr's I had done a few years befor lasted 6 months.

CK has a nice kit. Make sure you order a billet forward drum with the kit. Dual feed the direct clutch and you should be good to go. :)

Been doing my own for 24 years. Used quite a few kits for all the ones I build. I have PTS and CK parts in my GN trans. All have been blue clutch kits with one red kit for a supposed 1000hp Nova that is still not finish by the "builder". Billet forward is never a bad idea. Even in slower cars. Have seen plenty of stock forwards drums snap in 15 second and slower cars. Wide band. Larger boost valves in pump. 10 vane with hardened rings. Just some of the things that need to be done.

Back