You can type here any text you want

who runs exhaust cut out?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

postal

Peoples champ runner up
Any body got any feed back on running an exhaust cut out. I make all my runs through full exhaust (it is a ATR 3" though). I was wondering if I would see any kind of gain with a cut out.

I run a cut out only at the track now, it usually picks up a little faster(spools) and I see usualli a psi or 2 gain in boost pressure...

Jason, in the eighth mile with a stock turbo, mild ported elbow, and 3 inch downpipe, my car picked up 0.8 mph and 0.8 ET, no other changes. Not sure how good of comparison that is since I have a Hooker exhaust.

Where do you run your car up that way? I'm about 3 hours SE of you, and wondered if there is a quarter mile track closer to me than Morocco.

Yeah no crap! Illinois is a long state with tracks up north or down south, and I live in the damn middle! I have run at 5 tracks around me they are all 2.5 to 3 hours each way! Some of these guys have it way to good.

Any way, I like to run in Cordova but cant now until I get a cage. That leaves U.S 41 (moroco) until I get a cage. Cage has me worried about weight. My car will start getting damn close to 4,000 pounds once she's caged. I'm starting to think my buddy Rodger Davis (Nashty) has the right idea. He is making good progress on his tube chasis stage 2 geo metro!

Send me a direct email. I need to make an email folder for turbo buick guys in the area. Maybe we can start emailing when peeps are going to the track. Its kind of boring only racing with my nephew and kicking his a$$ :eek: I think he bought that car from a schyster. :D

Jason

87 T Dk. Red. Met. 7.740 @ 87.9, 1.69 60', 30 passes, stock turbo, inj, conv, IC

Nice numbers, that would be about 11.99 in the 1/4. Nice output from a stock combo brick mobile!

Jason

I have a cutout,And Also The ATR Exhaust...My car never picked up anything with the cutout open....Except some super loud Turbo Whine....;) Thats with a 51 Though....Maybe that 63 Of yours would benefit more form the exhaust being open.

19TTA89 nice pics in your brief case.

I feel like I'm the only one with a crappy looking TTA. :( . I guess thats what you get when you only pay 7k for one.

I need to change my name on this board from postal to TTA-TM
Short for: turbo trans am turd mobile

O'well if I want to look pretty I just give my head a clean shave and jump on the Harley :D

Jason

Jason,I have an ATR exhaust and 3" THDP and also like to run through the exhaust and my best ET was 10.75@124.86 w/1.50 60ft and best mph was 10.76@124.95 w/1.51 60ft.

The last weekend of racing I decided to open the dump and see if I could get over 125mph. First two passes were 10.69@125.8 w/1.47 60ft and a 10.73@125.18 w/1.50 60ft.That was at the same boost,as I have an Innovative MSBC and the conditions were similar(about 10* warmer and about 10% more humidity).

HTH,
Steve

jason, have you heard anything about a 1/4 mile track being built in brimfield? i heard a little rumor last week, nobody else seems to know anything though. by the way, check you p.m.'s aaron

No I haven't heard any thing. Central IL area is plenty big enough to support a track Alot. more peeps live in this area than by cordova or byron.

Jason

I run an e-cutout. Becuase I like my stock TTA exhuast system. If there is any benefit over the ATR setup.. dunno.

HTH

Back