You can type here any text you want

who sells the body braces

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

eleanor68

I don't know where to start looking for the body reinforcement braces. I'm told there are some available for the engine bay that look like a stock piece, and some sort of x brace for behind the rear seat. I figured this would be way easier and also get to hear any pros and cons from those been down this road already...2 days before I pick up the G/N!!!!!

I have all the braces on my GN. I could tell that is stiffened the car up nicely. Install was fairly easy. No cons that I can think of.

Imho, the rear seat brace is the most important as it is the most beneficial in regards to avoiding the dreaded roof line cracks. I run all of them on my car, and I am very happy with them.

Imho, the rear seat brace is the most important as it is the most beneficial in regards to avoiding the dreaded roof line cracks. I run all of them on my car, and I am very happy with them.

I agree, I have all the braces on my GN too, big improvement IMO.

front braces

do the front corner braces mount up high in the engine comp. like the old camaros and stuff or are they lower onto the frame? The ad said something like the braces could not be used with some non stock intercoolers.

any using the newer version rear brace? the GNX copy? like it better?..or not worth the extra$$$?

do the front corner braces mount up high in the engine comp. like the old camaros and stuff or are they lower onto the frame? The ad said something like the braces could not be used with some non stock intercoolers.
The braces that you want to tighten up the frame components for optimum handling are the "connecting frarme brace", Kirban Performance part # 6756, pge # 135 of their 2007 catalogue, the "front frame braces", Kirban Performance part # 6564, pge # 137 of same catalogue, and the "rear seat brace", Kirban Performance part # 1586, pge 136 of same catalogue.
The "under-the-hood braces", Kirban Performance part # 6744 of same catalogue seem to aid removing squeaks and rattles from under the hood more than improving actual suspension characteristics, and do require the drilling of a couple of holes. The under the frame braces are plug & play.
Fwiw I am running a Thunderfab intercooler and the big frame brace works and clears just fine, but the 2 smaller connencting braces required either mounting right for left or front for rear to clear the intercooler. The rear seat brace and the set of lower frame braces will remove most of your frame flex to a degree that it is noticable or felt, especially in the corners & sweepers.
HTH
Help support the turbo Buick community and TB.com by supporting the suppliers, vendors and / or turbo Buick Specialty shops that are TB.com Sponsorship Team members.

any using the newer version rear brace? the GNX copy? like it better?..or not worth the extra$$$?

The GNX replica frame brace is no longer made or available, but sometimes for sale on E-bay, and was a fore-runner of the current style of rear seat brace made and available today. If you buy one, make sure that you get instructions for drill hole locations. The current one sold by Kirban Performance works just fine, and Imho is instrumental in avoiding the dreaded roof line cracks that develop from structural fatigue.

Help support the turbo Buick community and TB.com by supporting the suppliers, vendors and / or turbo Buick Specialty shops that are TB.com Sponsorship Team members.

The GNX replica frame brace is no longer made or available, but sometimes for sale on E-bay, and was a fore-runner of the current style of rear seat brace made and available today. If you buy one, make sure that you get instructions for drill hole locations. The current one sold by Kirban Performance works just fine, and Imho is instrumental in avoiding the dreaded roof line cracks that develop from structural fatigue.

This one: https://secure.mysuperpageshosting.com/kirbanperformance.com/index1.htm
Part #7169
1984-1987 Turbo Regal - Reproduction GNX REAR SEAT FRAME BRACE KIT

Click to enlarge
1984-1987 Turbo Regal -
Reproduction GNX REAR SEAT FRAME BRACE KIT

This reproduction GNX-style rear seat brace is very similar to what
ASC installed in every GNX. The idea was to strengthen the body of
the Regals that received the GNX upgrade.

This reproduction brace is similar to the original GNX rear seat
frame brace, but is slightly wider. The brace is made in 18 gauge
galvanized steel, so it will not rust. The ears on the ends are
doubled over for additional strength.

Each brace comes with easy-to-follow detailed directions with photos.
All the hardware, even the actual drill bits, are included to make
this installation easy.

This new brace will work with the partial rear seat brace kit, but
you will have to completely remove two of the four rear seat braces.
Unlike the rear seat brace kit we currently sell (PART # 1586) that
bolts to the rear seat frame, this new brace bolts to the trunk floor
pan and the trunk gussets for added strength.

Because the brace kit is an oversized item, the shipping charge is $20.

7169 1984-1987 Turbo Regal -
Reproduction GNX Rear Seat Frame Brace Kit $129.95 / kit
Fits: 1984-1987 Turbo Regal
Price: $129.95

Shipping Weight: 8 lbs.
Oversized: Yes

oops, sorry for the bad info, that part is newly manufactured and not shown in Kirban Performance catalogue for 2007, and my computer will not bring up the suspension portion of the on line catalogue. Kenne-Bell also sold these years ago, but ran out of stock years back. I can't pass judgement on how they would compare to each other, but I am very happy with the other style and it probably would not be worthwhile to change over even if the GNX original style is stronger.

oops, sorry for the bad info, that part is newly manufactured and not shown in Kirban Performance catalogue for 2007, and my computer will not bring up the suspension portion of the on line catalogue. Kenne-Bell also sold these years ago, but ran out of stock years back. I can't pass judgement on how they would compare to each other, but I am very happy with the other style and it probably would not be worthwhile to change over even if the GNX original style is stronger.

no problem.......

anybody compared the two?

Back