Whos got a Pit Bull?

Here are mine...brown and white male is 11yrs old and the other (female) is 10yrs old. I'd like to shot some owners :mad:
dogs.jpg

They are great dogs, haters would be surprised how gentle they are. I also trust a good Pit with kids more than most breeds, the haters would be surprised how laid back these dogs are with kids climbing all over them. I played with mine non-stop as a kid, and now my kids are playing with mine all the time, the circle is complete. However, I don't let my kids alone with any dogs for the sake of everyone, dog included. :)

I've owned 2 pits over the years "Butch" and "Sadie"... they are both gone now. I am here to say that other then dealing with their insane amount of energy, they were both great dogs. Butch was the type of dog that didn't allow me to touch his feet, but yet my then 1 year old daughter could walk up and hold his feet, poke him in the eyes, grab his nuts and all he would do was lick her and walk away. If I chased my kids or wife in play and made them scream, Butch was right there grabbing my arm telling me he didn't like it....wonderful protection for the family when I was gone. However, due to ever increasing laws where we live I can no longer own a pit without having to deal with too many issues...namely my home owners insurance company wanting to drop me. I made sure that both of my dogs were highly socialized around all kinds of things and people...prolly the reason I never had a problem with them biting anyone...just other dogs that picked a fight and would loose!
Now I have a Brittney (farm dog) that's been a great dog as well as my Malinios (police K9) which is also another super high speed dog that loves my kids. Any dog has the propensity to be mean or human aggressive, it's mostly how they are raised. More of the guys I work with are bit by mutts and ankle bitters then the pure bred larger dogs which tend to be more confident and don't feel so threatened by humans. I really hate to bad press pits have.

Best Dog Period

In my opinion these are awesome dogs, yeah they can be a handfull to say the least, but what dog isn't? I think most dogs will bite and go after other dogs but it's just that Pits can back up that bark. They are definatly NOT guard dogs, I have had a bunch of friends pits get stolen right out there back yards. These dogs are for very involved owners!!! They are working dogs that need to be exercised regularly, dog parks are almost always out of the question, usually some other dog with start the fight and your pit will end it. That's the problem pits are breed for fighting and damn good at it when compared to other breeds. My dogs are very well behaved even with other dogs, but when other dogs become aggressive they can't wait to get in that a$$. As far as being people bitters, please I have been raised with dogs my entire life and have never been bitten by a pit. Now I have been attack twice by German Shepards and the meanest dogs toward people ever has to be a Chow Chow in my opinion but you never hear about bread legislation against them! I would say pits really get a bad name because of their owners, get the dogs don't socialize them, then what do you know kills your neighbors dogs what a suprise. Bottom line if your in the market for a dog Pit-Bulls and Amstaff terrier are high on my list just realize that you are taking on a serious responsibilty!!

Attachments

• DSC00532.jpg
    DSC00532.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 400
  • DSC00531.jpg
    DSC00531.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 422
  • DSC00982.jpg
    DSC00982.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 401
best dog I ever had!

I had 1, male. All black his name was midnight! A pit is just like a high HP drag car. Its all about how you take care of them, or in the dogs case how you raise them. They are a lot of responsability just because the fact of their potiential to destroy things and people. Just as a high hp car has the potiential to blow up or run super fast et's.

Owners are 99.9% responsable for their pits, .o1% chances a true pit will ever turn on its owner unless its been raised wrong or abused. The pit was the most loyal dog I have owned. Never once bit my hand or snapped at me, or turned on me.

Mine looked exactly like the white one in post #9, but all black. Midnight was an awsome dog! As soon as i get my own place Im getting one again.

darkside

Used to take care of these guys. One male, one female, I think they were 6 or 7 months at the time. Too bad it's been a few years since I've seen 'em. :(

Funny story, a cop came to my old apartment to issue a summons and was knocking on the door for a while. Being 9 am in the summer, I sure as hell didn't get up. Eventually the cop just came into our apartment (ILLEGAL!) and the dogs were all over him. Of course, they weren't attacking him, but you know how pitbulls are. They were jumping all over here as they were excited and curious. The cop must have been pretty scared because he yelled "get them off me!" and eventually one of my roomates got up and took care of the situation.

mydogs.jpg

pics of my boy

Attachments

• 3-20-2007-02.jpg
    3-20-2007-02.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 379
  • 3-20-2007-09.jpg
    3-20-2007-09.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 367
You guys have some fine red noses, my favorite color for them followed closely by brindle. I am still hoping for some kind of break for the dogs and the owners. I would love to be a fly on the wall and see how many bite stories go by the AP wire that don't get picked up because the 'attack' didn;t involve a pit bull. :eek:

Here is mine!!!!

Here is my Boy Jeff!!! Thinks he is human....LOVE HIM TO DEATH!!! IAM LOOKING TO MATE HIM WITH A FEMALE!!! ANYONE INTERESTED:confused: :cool: