You can type here any text you want

Who's hardtop TTA on ebay?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
Wondering what the history is of this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=260030464412&ih=016&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT
Guessing since nothing posted here already it isn't a regular on here. I asked for the build number so maybe I could find something more easily but owner doesn't have it, nor did they offer any more pics that I was wanting.
The bidding history looks a little fishy too if you look at the things the high bidders have in common on their feedback. From the current price it should have half the miles when you can get a less than 10k hardtop for a little under $30k unless I've been asleep and the price has shot up.

Seems high to me. Someone must want a hardtop pretty bad. If that was a T-Top car, it would probably sell for $15K.

I've personally never seen or heard of this TTA, but w/53K on the clicker, some TR/TTA owner in our area should have info on it.

It appears the seller is upping the price or his contacts are. The high bidder has feedback from the seller for another item and only 1 feedback...have to pull out the BS flag on that one.

Just wondered if it had anything to do with this escapade back in 2002 that someone had with a seller playing games on them..
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29610

I have seen this car listed before, maybe 18 to 24 months ago when I was looking for mine, and it was listed for either $15 or $17k. I have also bid against the seller a couple of times for TTA's in the past.

Yes it is my Hard Top

The car is sold, nor did have any prior contact with the buyer. As for the the bidder which has prior history with me, wanted to buy another car I had listed on ebayb and my TTA.

The only pictures which requested were of the under carriage which i do not have . Also in regards to the build number I have no idea what it is. Please make sure whom ever you are that you have your facts straight before making allegations

Just calling it like I see it, if the guy wanted to buy it, why put it on ebay and pay all the fees when he bought the other car months ago... :rolleyes:
And also as we suspected, not a regular on here...would feel much more comfortable buying a car that we all knew the owner of from this board ;) Even folks in your own area don't know the history.

who's tta hardtop?

I am kinda of new to the board too but have been watching for a long time and have conducted alot of deals with various members. (philly, Lou etc)

This car was listed on ebay a couple months ago and either ended at around $16/17k or he ended it early. I offered to buy it back then for that price and also offered the same this time. $20k just seemed too high for this car with the mileage. Especially when you compare it to trophystock's hardtop cloth car he just sold for $12k with 43k.(damn I am kicking myself in the a$$ for not logging on that day) Sure it needed a little work but no more than a few thousand. And actually a cloth car is more rare than the leather hardtop. (only by 2 cars though)

Well either way, just my 2 cents. It did look like a nice car and the seller did have a yellow ZR-1 for sale at the same time and that looked like it was kept real nice also.

I am still looking for a hardtop car at a fair price if anyone is thinking of selling. Looking to add it to my collection and keep it for a long time. I would like it with some miles so I can actually use it.

Thanks

ok, my math was a little off

Just so no one break my chops, there were 24 hardtop leather and 15 hardtop cloth. 9 more.

just a little more reason trophystock's should have been mine :eek: :eek:

Not to mention that there were a couple of days left on the auction, and it was already over priced at $22k and the seller pulls it and ends the auction early?? :confused: The price could do nothing but go up from there with 2 days left...seller pulled it because people were catching on and didn't want ebay to boot it and his id.

Not True

The ebay ad was pulled because of a deal I reached with the buyer. In the ad I resereved the right to end the auction anytime.

Please get your facts straight.

Who's tta?

cbszr1,
Hey, all the more power to you if you got a deal for that kind of money. I've been following these cars and their prices for a while now and although the one just sold on here with less miles for $12k was what I feel a great deal. You car for $22k or whatever you got for it was a win for you. I do not claim to be an expert but I do own a car dealership with over 100 cars and like to collect these for myself.

Good for you if you got what you wanted. I hope I am as lucky if I ever decide to part with one of mine.

Thanks

ps, my offer still stands should the deal fall apart. Otherwise, let the new owner enjoy their tta.

cbszr1 said:
The car is sold, nor did have any prior contact with the buyer. As for the the bidder which has prior history with me, wanted to buy another car I had listed on ebayb and my TTA.

The only pictures which requested were of the under carriage which i do not have . Also in regards to the build number I have no idea what it is. Please make sure whom ever you are that you have your facts straight before making allegations

GOOD FOR YOU!!!
I CAN'T GO ALONG WITH THESE SELF PROCLAIMED TTA POLICE & EBAY GURUS.
THEY ARE ALWAYS READY TO SLING MUD.
IT'S CALLED FREE ENTERPRIZE & NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS HOW YOU CONDUCT YOURS.
AGAIN!! GOOD FOR YO!!
HAVE THESE GUYS CHECK THE BOOKS & STOP USING EBAY AS A YARDSTICK FOR COLLECTOR CAR PRICES.

Sorry, I still stand behind what I saw going on with the auction. Yes, its very good if you did in fact get that much for your car, congrats. Yes I care because I was interested in the car till I see 1 person with 1 feedback with prior connection to the seller bidding up the auction days before it ends bidding against himself, and that person happened to bid $1 less than the reserve and then again for $1 to put it over the reserve.
So, prove me wrong by having the new owner join this great web site and sharing knowledge and getting to know others with common interests.
If the new owner wants to get more out of his investmant, selling it to someone they have become to know from the these forums is the best way, something the seller did not do, the only other 2 posts where to buy an item that he did not follow thru with after claiming it first.

And having ebay gurus and "police" as you call it on this web site is a tremendous benefit to anyone interested in these cars, keeps you from buying a lemon or a fake for that matter. Here's a beautiful example of that
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193992
how would you feel if you bought this without people from this web site informing you of the cars true history..something the seller did not do, but thanks to others the bidders were informed.

2QUIK6 said:
Not to mention that there were a couple of days left on the auction, and it was already over priced at $22k and the seller pulls it and ends the auction early?? :confused: The price could do nothing but go up from there with 2 days left...seller pulled it because people were catching on and didn't want ebay to boot it and his id.

I agree, this what had me wondering! If I had this car on ebay and had an auction price at this amount I would let it "ride". The reserve was at 20K so it must have beat what was expected.

- Dave

Listen Up Gurus

2QUIK6 said:
Sorry, I still stand behind what I saw going on with the auction. Yes, its very good if you did in fact get that much for your car, congrats. Yes I care because I was interested in the car till I see 1 person with 1 feedback with prior connection to the seller bidding up the auction days before it ends bidding against himself, and that person happened to bid $1 less than the reserve and then again for $1 to put it over the reserve.
So, prove me wrong by having the new owner join this great web site and sharing knowledge and getting to know others with common interests.
If the new owner wants to get more out of his investmant, selling it to someone they have become to know from the these forums is the best way, something the seller did not do, the only other 2 posts where to buy an item that he did not follow thru with after claiming it first.

And having ebay gurus and "police" as you call it on this web site is a tremendous benefit to anyone interested in these cars, keeps you from buying a lemon or a fake for that matter. Here's a beautiful example of that
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193992
how would you feel if you bought this without people from this web site informing you of the cars true history..something the seller did not do, but thanks to others the bidders were informed.

THERE ARE STILL MANY OF YOU WHO ACCUSE SELLERS OF FRAUD & DON'T HAVE THE INFORMATION OR PROOF TO BACK UP THE CLAIMS.
IT'S JUST SOUR GRAPES MALITIOUS BEHAVIOR.
THE SELLER OWES"NOTHING" TO THE MEMBERS OF THIS SITE.
HE IS TRYING TO SELL HIS RIDE,THATS ALL.
IF YOU WANT THE CAR,BID,DON'T TRY TO STEAL FOR CHEAP.HAVE SOME RESPECT AS YOU WOULD WANT. TOO MANY TIRE KICKERS RUIN IT FOR THE REAL BUYERS.
THE GIVEN EXAMPLE IS A RARE CASE. MOST PEOPLE DON'T EVEN KNOW THIS SITE EXISTS.I DIDN'T UNTIL "AFTER" I BOUGHT MY TTA.
IF YOU BUY A CAR SIGHT UNSEEN ,IT YOUR OWN FAULT.
ALL THE WORDS IN THE WORLD WON'T MAKE A BAD CAR GOOD,AND VISE-VERSA.EYES AND DOING YOUR HOMEWORK WILL DO IT EVERY TIME.
EVERY TIME I HAVE GONE CROSS-COUNTRY TO LOOK AT A CAR,THE ACTUAL CAR NEVER QUITE MEETS MY EXPECTALTIONS BASED ON THE OWNERS DESCRIPTION.

OH WELL!!! THE CAR'S GONE NOW...MOVE ON !

It's just called looking out for your follow TR/TTA enthusiasts, we're a tight knit group unlike a lot of other cars I've been involved with.
As far as tire kicking, most of everyone that responded are serious collectors, and have every intention of getting another car. How can I bid when it was pulled before the auction expired? And would not have bid after the price was bid up. You would be very naive to think that was not bid up by the history of bids or you are a car dealer yourself. If you had a buyer from previous dealings, why list on ebay in the first place and pay the fees...What happened speaks for it self to anyone that is experienced in dealing with ebay...I'm done.

2shy2bid

2QUIK6 said:
It's just called looking out for your follow TR/TTA enthusiasts, we're a tight knit group unlike a lot of other cars I've been involved with.
As far as tire kicking, most of everyone that responded are serious collectors, and have every intention of getting another car. How can I bid when it was pulled before the auction expired? And would not have bid after the price was bid up. You would be very naive to think that was not bid up by the history of bids or you are a car dealer yourself. If you had a buyer from previous dealings, why list on ebay in the first place and pay the fees...What happened speaks for it self to anyone that is experienced in dealing with ebay...I'm done.

MANY,BIDDERS WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE TO BID,HOPING TO PULL OFF THE BUY OF THE CENTURY.IF YOU SNOOZE,YOU LOOSE..
A BIDDER CAN ALSO COMMUNICATE HIS INTEREST TO THE SELLER VIA E-MAIL.
IF YOU CAN COME TO AN AGREEMENT,YOU MAY BE ABLE TO BUY THE CAR,AS DID THE BUYER IN THIS AUCTION.EBAY HAS NO HARD AND FAST RULES THAT CANNOT BE SIDESTEPPED IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.
IF YOU LEARN TO PLAY AS OTHERS DO ON EBAY,YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL.
MANY USE [SNIPER]PROGRAMS SUCH AS [AUCTION SENTRY] TO PLACE THEIR BID @ THE LAST SECOND.YOU MAY THINK THIS IS UNETHICAL,AND IT MAY BE,BUT,IT IS STRICKLY LEGAL.ALL THESE PEOPLE ARE DOING IS LEVELING THE PLAYING FIELD BY USING THE SAME DEVICES AS[1000s] OTHER BUYERS.ALWAYS BID THE MAXIMUM YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY AND DON'T GET CAUGHT UP IN THE AUCTION FRENZIE.YOU WILL ALWAY WIN.
..AUCTIONSENTRY.COM..WILL HELP THOSE WHO DON'T HAVE TIME TO SIT NEXT TO THE COMPUTOR & WAIT FOR AUCTIONS TO END,HOPING TO TIME YOUR BID JUST RIGHT.IT'S A GOOD TOOL WITH A 14 DAY FREE TRIAL & VERY INEXPENSIVE [$14.95 I THINK] TO PURCHASE W/GREAT CUSTOMER SUPPORT.
I AM NOT A CAR DEALER,BUT,I DID STAY AT A HOLIDAY IN EXPRESS LAST NIGHT.

JRNYMNDAVID said:
MANY,BIDDERS WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE TO BID,HOPING TO PULL OFF THE BUY OF THE CENTURY.IF YOU SNOOZE,YOU LOOSE..
IF YOU CAN COME TO AN AGREEMENT,YOU MAY BE ABLE TO BUY THE CAR,AS DID THE BUYER IN THIS AUCTION.EBAY HAS NO HARD AND FAST RULES THAT CANNOT BE SIDESTEPPED IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.
MANY USE [SNIPER]PROGRAMS SUCH AS [AUCTION SENTRY] TO PLACE THEIR BID @ THE LAST SECOND.YOU MAY THINK THIS IS UNETHICAL,AND IT MAY BE,BUT,IT IS STRICKLY LEGAL.ALL THESE PEOPLE ARE DOING IS LEVELING THE PLAYING FIELD BY USING THE SAME DEVICES AS[1000s] OTHER BUYERS.ALWAYS BID THE MAXIMUM YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY AND DON'T GET CAUGHT UP IN THE AUCTION FRENZIE.YOU WILL ALWAY WIN.
..AUCTIONSENTRY.COM..WILL HELP THOSE WHO DON'T HAVE TIME TO SIT NEXT TO THE COMPUTOR & WAIT FOR AUCTIONS TO END,HOPING TO TIME YOUR BID JUST RIGHT.IT'S A GOOD TOOL WITH A 14 DAY FREE TRIAL & VERY INEXPENSIVE [$14.95 I THINK] TO PURCHASE W/GREAT CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

Dude.
Sell your TTA or turn off your caps lock.
Thanks
Jim

JRNYMNDAVID said:
That's exactly my point ;) With all the folks interested that are waiting to place their bid at the last minute (so they don't get caught up in a bidding frenzy) why pull the auction when the price was already over the reserve and had no where to go but up further in the remaining 2 days?!?! its was because 1 person got into a bidding frenzy with themselves dude...did you even see the auction before he deleted it..otherwise you would not have this stance.

Back