You can type here any text you want

Who's hardtop TTA on ebay?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
i'm with rob on this one - you newbies can shut up, if oyu sold your car - great, no need to argue with us. i've been around the internet to know when something looks fishy...

I agree, why as a seller would you end a bidding frenzy early? Wait a minute I know why, it was the same bidder out bidding himself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. That same car was on E-bay a few months earlier a the seller ended it early that time as well.

j13smiley said:
i'm with rob on this one - you newbies can shut up, if oyu sold your car - great, no need to argue with us. i've been around the internet to know when something looks fishy...

DOEN'T MATTER DOES IT? CAR IS GONE! [CAPS LOCK STUCK]
I'VE BEEN SELLING ON EBAY FOR [6]YEARS W/4300 PIECES OF FEEDBACK & OVER 5000 TRANSACTIONS.I DO KNOW WHAT IS WHAT...
I MAY BE NEW TO THIS SITE,BUT,YOU COULD LEARN A THING OR TWO ABOUT EBAY.I THOUGHT YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO EXPRESS AN OPINION HERE. 'GUESS NOT" .

PEACE-"OUT"

Tirekicker???

Ok, lets see.

My car collection--> See that below, I think I am serious about buying?
My Ebay rating--> just one of them reached 13,872 for a business I sold.
My Current business--> I AM A CAR DEALER. (and proud of it :D )

Watching this thread---> PRICELESS!!!!!!!

A bid sniping program is great, but what the sense if the auction is ended early?

As Ringo said, I tried to buy this car 6 months ago and he ended it early at $16 or $17k.

It would be nice to speak with the new owner and hopefully he will join the forum and registry.

I was not looking to STEAL the car(believe me if it happens, great),but I am willing to pay a fair price. Were all buyers and sellers at one point. I just want to feel I paid a fair price and I want a seller to feel they got a fair price.

Like others said, whats done is done and the car is SOLD. Right??
(atleast thats what we thought 6 months ago :D :D )

Here is the listing FYI
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4637013661

ahh, maybe we'll get another chance in 6 months and then the reserve will be met at $25k.

OK IN CAPS LOCK SO NO ONE MISSES IT

I AM STILL LOOKING FOR A HARDTOP CAR AT A FAIR PRICE...

John

YOU WIN-"YOU'RE BETTER THAN I AM"

LotusS4 said:
Ok, lets see.

My car collection--> See that below, I think I am serious about buying?
My Ebay rating--> just one of them reached 13,872 for a business I sold.
My Current business--> I AM A CAR DEALER. (and proud of it :D )

Watching this thread---> PRICELESS!!!!!!!

A bid sniping program is great, but what the sense if the auction is ended early?

As Ringo said, I tried to buy this car 6 months ago and he ended it early at $16 or $17k.

It would be nice to speak with the new owner and hopefully he will join the forum and registry.

I was not looking to STEAL the car(believe me if it happens, great),but I am willing to pay a fair price. Were all buyers and sellers at one point. I just want to feel I paid a fair price and I want a seller to feel they got a fair price.

Like others said, whats done is done and the car is SOLD. Right??
(atleast thats what we thought 6 months ago :D :D )

Here is the listing FYI
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4637013661

ahh, maybe we'll get another chance in 6 months and then the reserve will be met at $25k.

OK IN CAPS LOCK SO NO ONE MISSES IT

I AM STILL LOOKING FOR A HARDTOP CAR AT A FAIR PRICE...

John

I KNOW NOTHING-I'M WORTHLESS-I SHOULD KILL MYSELF FOR THINKING!

I KNOW NOTHING-I'M WORTHLESS-I SHOULD KILL MYSELF FOR THINKING!

ahh, I do not think you are not an expert on ebay, you do not get your rating overnight and I am sure you learned all the insides and outs of trading on there.

But what I do know is that these other members are pro's at catching anything fishy. Sure its a possibility that the number it was at was real and maybe it was someone who dealt with him before. But it does seem kind of slim.

And one other thing. Just like you said based on your feedback that we could learn a thing or two about Ebay.
I do not know Rob and never spoke to him but with 2782 posts on this board alone, I am going to guess that he is more than experienced with these cars and certainly would take his opinions seriously. With that many post and based on the number of cars he has, I also going to guess and say he has watched enough TTA's sell that he would know if something looks like its doing more than one would expect on ebay. Plus add to that he picked up on the high bidder having previously feedback history with the seller?

Anyway, who cares, the seller had a right to ask whatever price he wanted. I know what I wanted to pay and know it was my limit for what I felt the car was worth.

Unfortunately I can not find the time to be able to post as much as I would like and I am a newbie to the TTA scene. But its the members of boards like this that can help each other and assist with purchases.

We can argue back and forth whether it was a real bidder or not and we all have the right to our own opinions.

The good thing is that we all just want to help other owners. If you started a new thread with a technical problem, you would probably get help from half the people who disagree with your opinion here.
(although you would probably get alot more help without the CAP LOCKS)

John

Subscribed....

In most cases, Perception IS reality.

I think everything has been said on this subject. Lets welcome the new owner when he arrives :D

Lee

Back