Who's into RC?

I used to race all the time, actually pretty good towards the end, then I got into real cars. I just bought a Traxxas sportmaxx a couple weeks ago, its fun for just bashing around the yard. But the throttle stuck last night, causing a few 30+ mph collisions, but I managed to drive through it and catch the truck (ouch), with only the spur gear being trashed. They are fun, I have a rc10 team car when I raced, and a rc10L, for the oval track. I figured up one time I had about $3000 in my whole setup. It costs big$$$ to run with the sponsored guys. Associated makes an excellent product, I almost bought one too, but the traxxas is better for beating on, since there are no tracks around here anymore. The rc10t would be a better truck for racing, if you're intending to.

Joe, id be interested also if there is anyplace around here to race...are there any left? i stopped by a hobby shop in nashua when i first moved up here and asked and the guy didnt know of any tracks left??? i remember years back there were tracks all over and racing friday or sat nights at alot of schools with makeshift tracks in the gyms......god that was fun....id love to get back into it also but so far havnt met anybody or anywhere to go......

There used to be an indoor carpetted banked track in Wakefield, MA that I used to race at as well as an out door parking lot oval we raced at in Georgetown. I think wakefield is gone. Geogetown still races on Sundays AFAIK but last time I was there there were no gas vehicle racing. I'd LOVE to race on an actual dirt track...that would be a BLAST. They are doing some new houses across the road from where I live...that will be the track for now ! :)

FORK!! :) I actually found a listing of all tracks by state last night, don't know where I saw it, but I saw that listed, but it didn't provide any detail like that. That's great. Looks like a super facility!! Well, I think the wife would approve a a few grand in RC stuff rather than the 45k on the bimmer I just looked at Saturday! LOL

WEEEEEEL??? What are you waiting for, do you have that new car or truck on order?? Mine will be here soon..hurry up! :p I'm actually looking at radios right now, looking at a multi-car JR radio. I have all JR for my airplanes and will stick with them just for charger simplicity, plus I have all the pigtails and such for my quick charger

Check out this pics I found quickly.

http://www.angelfire.com/nh/chrisrohrer/106.html

Here's my stable of RC cars

2 tamiya super blackfoots
2 tamiya volkswagen beetle's ( one bettle is candy apple green with neon light, scale 20 inch 100 spokes and a servo on each wheel to simulate hydraulics)
1 tamiya Clodbuster, my pride and joy.

all trucks are sitting under Bigfoot bodies.

im looking to get into gas powered cars.....theres a hobby store near me that has this 30th annv Trans Am one w/ a 2 speed automatic transmission and is like $250...i know nothing about them but they are neat as hell

what would you recommend for a beginner....i want something that looks pretty bad and is a fair price...should i try eBay?

oh and the guy said after i buy the controls and whatever else it would be liked $400 for the 30th T/A

As I wrote above,

I bought one of these. For $189 - you can't go wrong to ease back into the hobby.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXVH99**&P=0

I did end up buying the 2 speed trans. No reverse - but you don't need it.

The 2 speed trans was a $30 kit. All I needed was 4 AA batteries, fuel and a glow starter to hit the road running.

And for a truck, it did about 30 mph with the single speed trans anyway - more then enough for offroading.

The stock tires burned off the nubbs the first day :D I ordered some onn road and off-road tires, and it drives awesome!