Why Buicks are Dying

Jeff, I apologize if I come across in a bad way when I discuss, I just despise the Clinton's and their attempt in selling the country out. They have tried time and time again, not just the Clintons, but whenever the free market becomes prevalent in an area other than the United States, investors come pouring in to stake an initial claim, and they bribe politicians, who lie to an unsuspecting and distracted populace, to meet their agenda. I mean yes, that's normal, but the laws become the problem when they inhibit Americans from work and good wages, not to mention the tax breaks and lack of tariffs on the opposing country, followed by the attempt in trying to change the current economical system to restrict competition and keep themselves on top. Also add the "free" financial aid that only seems to aid those who come from said investment countries, like India and China. It happens over and over again, and this is why Trump really won, people are tired of it and they want America first for Americans...

Jeff, I apologize if I come across in a bad way when I discuss, I just despise the Clinton's and their attempt in selling the country out. They have tried time and time again, not just the Clintons, but whenever the free market becomes prevalent in an area other than the United States, investors come pouring in to stake an initial claim, and they bribe politicians, who lie to an unsuspecting and distracted populace, to meet their agenda. I mean yes, that's normal, but the laws become the problem when they inhibit Americans from work and good wages, not to mention the tax breaks and lack of tariffs on the opposing country, followed by the attempt in trying to change the current economical system to restrict competition and keep themselves on top. Also add the "free" financial aid that only seems to aid those who come from said investment countries, like India and China. It happens over and over again, and this is why Trump really won, people are tired of it and they want America first for Americans...
Street Lethal - youre not coming off bad in any way - I just don't like posts that turn political , to me this topic is way more important than to discuss our countries policies in it. so please if I came off as something other then trying to not let the topic veer off then I apologize.

Put 400-500 HP in that new $25K wagon and sell it for $40K.

Problem solved, excepting it would probably turn into a pretzel the first time you got on it. :rolleyes:

If Buick is having record sales due to China etc. they could at least build a decent performance car with some of the profits, times a wasting.... :eek:

Or add 100-200 HP to the existing AWD Camry... errrr ... GS. ;)

If they only want to be a "Chinese Brand" I think most Americans would be happy to FORGET THEM. Or any other F word you might like to use... :rolleyes: (n)

Put 400-500 HP in that new $25K wagon and sell it for $40K.

Problem solved, excepting it would probably turn into a pretzel the first time you got on it. :rolleyes:

If Buick is having record sales due to China etc. they could at least build a decent performance car with some of the profits, times a wasting.... :eek:

Or add 100-200 HP to the existing AWD Camry... errrr ... GS. ;)

If they only want to be a "Chinese Brand" I think most Americans would be happy to FORGET THEM. Or any other F word you might like to use... :rolleyes: (n)
They are becoming a Chinese brand cause that’s who is buying them - like they should not design and sell to their customers? And don’t say if they build some new hi-po car customers will flock back . You are even asking for a CT’s-V level car for half the price of one. I think it sucks too but outside of when Mark Ruess gets starry eyed for a new Buick performance car it doesn’t look like unless the market that buys them demands one we will see one

How about you take that argument back to the 1990's just after 1987's last run of performance cars, oh wait I forgot we Buick "customers" got the Reatta.... :eek::rolleyes:o_O

"Brand awareness" from that car would indeed bring some customers back, assuming they care about the ones over here....

buick is doing just fine with what they are putting out for their customers right now - the US wants trucks and cuv's and that is what they are getting - right now cars are dead. ford is only going to have the mustang , FCA only has the challenger and the charger all based on the dated bloated pig 300c architecture, will they invest a billion in a new chassis for the sales of both of those cars? probably not they will just build another jeep and sell 125000 of them a year. GM will have the Camaro and the corvette . All one has to do is look what Mary Barra is saying the future of GM is - 0 emissions. so the best bet for a new buick performance car is for there to be a big call from the public for one to be made. if not we can just go buy a Camaro or a mustang. Now the public can change course and decide they want cars again but based on whats going on we may not see anything but trucks in the future.

Ford stock is taking a beating, I guess a lot of investors and business pundits aren't totally on board with that new plan.

Although their car is the performance model, I guess making my point. ;)

Camaro or Mustang? I can live with my 31 year old Buick it still runs. :cool:

I have no problem with Buick's mis-informed decision (opinion), I only buy a new car every 32 years anyway I'm not their best customer. :)

Mary who? :poop:

Not only Buicks are dying, but many of the people that have, or had, a real passion for the turbo Buicks are dying also, or are tired of the crap we have to now put up with?

The GN/T-Type group in the 90's and the Turbo Buick board was a "community" of help, respect, good cheer and real friendship, which many relationships that are still on-going.

After years of owning and working on Skylarks and Rivs for many years, and then 30+ years of turbo Buicks, we now see the "entitlement and haters" erode our community, and personally, I have better things to do in my life than deal with the direction we are going.

I am always willing to help anyone on the phone as well as the ones that come to my driveway. I have been blessed with the MANY friends and customers and cherish our relationships, but my most valued "asset" is the short time I have left, which I hope will be at least a few more years, and I will not allow any thing negative in my life!

Turbo Farm is still going strong. Every weekend we hang out and do our thing. Always welcoming newbies too.

IMO, Dan just inadvertently said the one thing that might save the Grand National, and that is an outside affiliate to GM. Obviously GM pulled the plug on the Pontiac brand, and the Trans Am enthusiasts were left without their passion. However, it took an outside source to do something about that. Sure they are custom built, sure they are not mass produced, but at least it is an option. A Camaro converted to a Trans Am with GM's blessing, albeit with a heavy price. Perhaps that same company would consider converting the CTS/V into a Grand National, with GM's blessing. You never know, especially if the demand is there...

So my good friend calls me and is racing up here at an old air strip. o_ORuns a Hell cat on Friday night and wins. Then there is a guy with a Demon who want to run him Saturday morning.... Ray beat him also. Demon gets Ray in the first round and they run heads up again. GN for the win. The people were going wild and came over to the pits to congratulate him and shake his hand. Demon guy was not to pleased when he found out it was only a V6. I will post up exact times for all the non believers but my point is, Buicks are not dying. However we are getting better. I think the remaining few Buick owners are more than capable of carrying the torch and I want to be a part of a great group. See all the real Buick guys in BG;)

I hope there are videos of this. I can't wait to see them. GNs beating Hellcats and Demons will certainly help keep the GN awareness.
So my good friend calls me and is racing up here at an old air strip. o_ORuns a Hell cat on Friday night and wins. Then there is a guy with a Demon who want to run him Saturday morning.... Ray beat him also. Demon gets Ray in the first round and they run heads up again. GN for the win. The people were going wild and came over to the pits to congratulate him and shake his hand. Demon guy was not to pleased when he found out it was only a V6. I will post up exact times for all the non believers but my point is, Buicks are not dying. However we are getting better. I think the remaining few Buick owners are more than capable of carrying the torch and I want to be a part of a great group. See all the real Buick guys in BG;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The BIGGEEST reason Buicks are dying is because they haven’t made a RWD car in over 30 years.
Every other reason is small in comparison.