why cant i get my boost down???

GNJesse

I wanna run tens
ever since i put on my RJC front mount, my boost has been at 23-24 pounds and i can not get it down. i have the regular internal wastegate. i checked to see if its the high oressure or race one and its not. i also have a manual controller on the car and its allll the way out. i even tried putting a bigger precision exhaust housing on but the boost will not go down. what do you thik is wrong? will i have to go to an external wastegate?

On your manual controller, does having it all the way out mean that it is wide open causing maxmum air bleed ?

To open the wastegate the valve needs to be closed. As a test try hooking a line from the compressor directly to the wastegate actuator. This should open the wastegate at the spring pressure (about 14 psi) of the actuator.

If not, then maybe the wastegate hole on the exhaust housing isn't big enough ?

Connect the compressor housing directly to the actuator with a small hose. Zip tie it. Loosen the actuator so it just slips on the wastegate arm. Boost should be controlable, if not your wastegate hole in the housing isn't big enough.

Russ,

We only met twice (once at NED and the other at Indy), both of them short and sweet.....but I think we are sharing the same brain ???

Question is, if we are, who has it now ???

:biggrin: :biggrin:

In case you can't recall, I am the Canadian with the oil smoking turbo.....

Real-T said:
Russ,

We only met twice, both of them short and sweet.....but I think we are sharing the same brain ???

Question is, if we are, who has it now ???

:biggrin: :biggrin:

You must, you beat me to it......

Def on the same page..... :D