You can type here any text you want

Why so much black carbon on exhaust tips and cutout ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mytta49

I have been running the TTA with the electric cutout open now for about a month. When put up on the lift, I found that the butterfly had somewhat of a thick dry black carbon. I drove the car for a few days with the cutout closed and the top of the rear bumper had a very fine layer of black carbon.

What is causing this and how to fix ?

Here are the mods
Alky kit
TT chip for alky
30 lb injectors
Scanmaster
RJC boost controller
RJC power plate
160 thermostat

Running 20 psi boost with cutout open and 18 with it closed.
Using Denatured Alcohol and have been adding 100 no lead gas at a rate of 50/50 meaning for every gallon of 93 I add a gallon of 100 as a precaution.

42 FP with line off
Alky dial setting between 4 and 5
BLM 127 at hot idle
O2 change at idle and generally when I do a recall on the scanmaster after WOT through the gears, I get 0 knock and O2 readings generally around 850 to 870
AF 05

Razor, last question
First I will turn the boost up a few psi.
Question is, does adding the 100 octane to the 93 make it run richer since I am using alky ?

I know you wanted Razor to answer, but octane does not make the car leaner or richer. Octane is just that octane. I'd be willing to bet your car doesnt need some 100 in the tank to combat knock with alky at 20 psi. The more octane without needing it makes the car slower. The higher the octane the slower it burns.

Jason

Quiky One said:
I know you wanted Razor to answer, but octane does not make the car leaner or richer. Octane is just that octane. I'd be willing to bet your car doesnt need some 100 in the tank to combat knock with alky at 20 psi. The more octane without needing it makes the car slower. The higher the octane the slower it burns.

Jason

Attaboy ;)

Octane wont affect air fuel... well not at 100 for the matter.

Back