You can type here any text you want

wide bands

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gearhead

Hello to all, I will be installing a wide band o2 soon . Right now I thinking about the PLX Or the Inovative, or WMS. I would like to get some feedback from the people that use these different wide band sytems, and try to make the best choise. I would be glad to hear any recomendations. Thank you all for your time! Frank

Originally posted by gearhead
Hello to all, I will be installing a wide band o2 soon . Right now I thinking about the PLX Or the Inovative, or WMS. I would like to get some feedback from the people that use these different wide band sytems, and try to make the best choise. I would be glad to hear any recomendations. Thank you all for your time! Frank

I've run the PLX, and the Innovative. My vote is for the Innovative. Taffy just started a new thread about a new PLX being available.

What I liked most was that the Innovative had a bargraph display with made, *at a glance* viewing nice.

I run the innovative. Been running it for about a year. Works very well. I've had to place the 02 sensor already, but other than that I have no complants.

Good Luck

Where did you guys mount the o2 bung? I was thinking of trying to mount it to the removeable plate on the dump pipe.

I have mine mounted on the end of the down pipe about 1 oclock.
Works good there. One thing I can tell you is to make sure the 02 sensor is fully heated before you start the car. Don't ask me how i know:D

I've seen several fbody and other groups do group buys on the Zeitronix WB and like it a lot also so you might check that one out too if you haven't already.
HTH

Originally posted by Chris McDade
One thing I can tell you is to make sure the 02 sensor is fully heated before you start the car. Don't ask me how i know:D

Ok Chris, well I want to know ;) Going to WB myself soon, I would rather you make all the mistakes and then tell me..LOL :D

The Innovative is a nice unit. It has some cool add-ons for data logging. Easy to use and easy to understand.

I have a slightly used one with the RPM converter, I'll make you a good deal on.

DR

I don't know about easy to understand. I still haven't figured out the bar graph yet. I just need some more seat time.

Ok, I will tell you.
Turn the key on first then let the 02 warm up to 100% then start the car. Don't do what I did and let it warm up to only 50% then start the car. I was in the staging lanes when I did that and didn't have enough time to let it warm up all the way. If you don't let it warm up all the way it will fry them quick....That's how I know:D

I have the zeitronix wideband in two cars and it works flawlessly in each. Not to mention it will log RPM, Boost, and EGT as well as the 02's in lambda and AFR's. Drew

I wouldn't put it in the plate. First the sensor won't be able to drain water properly unless you fabbed an angle on the plate and second that alcove area wouldn't get direct airflow across the sensor and I bet your readings would be less than accurate.

I pulled my dump tube off and had it mounted on the trans side at the correct angle, been running fine since and don't have to let the sensor warm up at all.

I have both of my sensors mounted at a slight angle from the very top of the downpipe about 7 inches from the turbine outlet. No sensor warm up issues or anything else. They claim the sensor has to be within 15 degrees of straight up and down to avoid the condensation cracking the porcelin on startup and thus killing the sensor. Also, as started earlier it would certainly not be accurate if not in the direct stream of exhaust gasses. Drew

Originally posted by Chris McDade
One thing I can tell you is to make sure the 02 sensor is fully heated before you start the car. Don't ask me how i know:D

Hmmm, I could have sworn my instructions said just the opposite: Start the car first to let any accumulated moisture blow out before heating the sensor to ensure it doesn't crack the sensor...

I have mine mounted behind where the converter would normally be. Been running WBs there for ~ 4 years now, and have run numberous *DIY* ones, in addition to the commercial ones (mounted there). If you live where you can have condensation accur in the pipe, IMO, you want to start the engine and blow that *crappe* out before the sensor is warm. The sensor operates at about 850dC, and *spalshing* cold water on something that hot, IMO, isn't a good idea. By the same token if your start up is so rich, or have any oil particulate matter in the stream, having the sensor hot maybe a good idea. Personally, I let the sensor warm up with the engine running.

Back