You can type here any text you want

wideband wired to oem ecm?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

garyk1970

Electronics Moderator
Staff member
ive installed two o2 sensos (one delco,one denso)in less than 10k miles,and another one is bad/not reading all the fuel......my ungo wideband has been really reliable so..........I believe ive heard of a way to wire my widebands' extra output strait to the oem ecm so the ecm uses it instead of the narrow o2?

can i get my TT updated,and how to wire? thanks guys.

On the lc1, analog 1 simulates the narrowband. That can be hooked to the nb wire and fed into the stock ecm. A couple guy's have tried it but soon switched back to the stock sensor claiming it did not work real well.

I never liked the narrowband simulated output on my wideband either.

Oh sure, it has a switch point that's somewhat like the stock O2, but it's "curve" is much narrower, and the top and bottom (unlike the stock unit) is perfeclty horizontal, and has no curve. IOW, if the sensor isn't in the stoiceometric center slope, it's maxed high or low.
There's no "780, 800, 820" voltages to look at. It'll be reading VERY lean or VERY rich if not stoic.

so it sounds like i need to replace the o2 and just monitor with the wideband...thanks guys...

thanks,that saves me alot of time....gotta love TB.com:biggrin:

If you update your TT to version 6.0, the wideband will do the fuel corrections for you, but you still need a powerlogger to get the input in the ecm.

If you update your TT to version 6.0, the wideband will do the fuel corrections for you, but you still need a powerlogger to get the input in the ecm.

sounds like a good plan...i really need a powerlogger at this point anyway....

Back