You can type here any text you want

Widest rear wheels you can fit with no modding?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BlackMetal

I've read that it can vary, some sizes will rub on one person's GN while it might not on another one, but in general?

I can't pick what aftermarket rims I like so I'm thinking of getting stock GN wheels customized to be wider.

07.jpg

How bout that car? Was frame work done to fit those in? That stance looks so mean. :eek:

GNguy said:
Gbody parts sells wider GN rims.......check them out

Yeah that's exactly who I was looking at for the wider rims, just don't know what size will fit. ;)

I have those

I have widened stockers on the car...would need to take a pic for you to reference. Tires are 275/50 Nitto DR's

FYI - I went to ND on Dempster :rolleyes: Small world.

275/50/15's fit on my stock rims without spacers needed. The stock 7 inch wide rim is a bit skinny for those tires though. 275's would fit better on 8 inch wide rims. But, if you are going to buy new rims, I'd go with 295/50/15's on that 8 inch wide rim. I think those 10 inch wide rims might stick out too far.

are you set on 15" dia wheels? there's a few guys around here running 17x9.5 on the rear without the rim sticking out past the stock fender (no flares needed) the trick is getting the right offset. I'm not sure what offset their wheels are though. :cool:

at7we2 said:
are you set on 15" dia wheels? there's a few guys around here running 17x9.5 on the rear without the rim sticking out past the stock fender (no flares needed) the trick is getting the right offset. I'm not sure what offset their wheels are though. :cool:

No I'm not really set on 15s, but I don't think I'd want to jump up to 17's either.

16x9 would be perfect but I know that isn't a very common size.

275/60/15 is probably the most common size rear tire I see and read guys running on a 15x8 rim with a 4" B.S.

If you do not mind rolling the lip, adding poly bushings and aluminum drums, 15x10 with a 4.5" B.S. will fit real nice with 295/50/15's.

Regardless of what size radial you end up running, they all roast with ease. :D

By the way Turbo, what streets you near?

I've considered going to 16's, but I was surprised at how few tire options there are for 16's. There are many more options for 15" and 17" rims as far as sizes and brands.

I have Simmons 17x9s on the back of my T. I have 255/45/17s, but there is plenty of room for a 275/40/17. The backspacing on the wheel is 4.75, I believe.

Yup! Simmons is what I've seen around here. The guy that helps me with my GN has 'em. Absolutly perfect wheel/tire combo! Those Simmons wheels don't come cheap though. :eek:

at7we2 said:
Yup! Simmons is what I've seen around here. The guy that helps me with my GN has 'em. Absolutly perfect wheel/tire combo! Those Simmons wheels don't come cheap though. :eek:

Yeah :( , I like those Simmons wheels, I might be willing to go to 17s for the looks of those, but I don't have the cash.

If you buy 17s, do must guys go with a smaller aspect ratio and sacrifice ride quality to keep the speedo accurate, or do you just get it calibrated again?

Turbo6Chicago said:
Yeah :( , I like those Simmons wheels, I might be willing to go to 17s for the looks of those, but I don't have the cash.

If you buy 17s, do must guys go with a smaller aspect ratio and sacrifice ride quality to keep the speedo accurate, or do you just get it calibrated again?

The tires are about the same heigth as the stock 15's, so the speedometer is about right. As far as ride quality, it's just about the same. The only thing I notice with the 17's is the car catches the "traffic grooves" in the road more than it did before. Nothing objectionable, but just a difference. I have heard the folks with 18 inch wheels notice some degradation of ride quality.

Back