Wierd Happenings

GNASH

I took my car out for a rip yesterdy after having puts parts back on after a 5 weeks paintjob haitus. Punched it on one perimeter highways and as I was letting off the gas to turn a corner, the car stalled and would not start. Looked at the fuel gauge and it was past E, but it's been know to be abit quirky. Jogged home and got my truck with 20 litres of fuel and put it in. The car would still not start! Would crank over like crazy, but not catch. Then I noticed the fuel system would not come up to 42 psi when the fuel pump came on. Brought my multi-meter out and checked all the voltages and everything jibed. Noticed the negative terminal was every so slightly looser than the positive one. Took both of them off and cleaned them (they looked perfectly clean). Went to start the car and it fired right up!

So tell me.....how come the car would have enough voltage coming out of the battery to crank the car easily but not prime the fuel system???

Also found my O2 sensor was melted (plastic holding flange on a Bosch) and the connection to the sensor wire mangled....how I have no idea. But I did find a small chard of metal lodged between the grilled section of the sensor???

Anyhoo, just curious as to what you guys think.

Another day in the life of the Gnash-mobile. :confused:

D

All my grounds look and feel ok....just the negative terminal on the battery was minimally loose....but enough to crank the engine?? Is there any other grounds beside the one that is behind the coilpack? I thought maybe my fuel pump relay was toasted, by I did a test on it and it's fine.

D