Wierd...help please!!

Ziptie86

The scaffolding man!
Hey guys, I tried to search but came up with nothing. I am having a major problem at 1/3 throttle to full throttle. It is bucking and surging. The car wil build boost and accelerate and then just fall on its face, do it again, and so on and so forth. Any ideas? Im new to TR's but I have a general understanding of how things work. I guess Im just totally stumped. I Will give you a list of things I have done recently and total mods.

Recent:
New wires, new o2 sensor, power plate, fuel filter, and hot wire.
These were done this weekend. Everything is installed correctly...car starts fine, etc.

Total mods should be listed in sig. Would any of these new mods cause this? or is there something I should check out? I really really really appreciate it. Thank you,

Jamin

how many miles are on the inj's and the fp :confused: just wondering cuz a friend of ours car had the same problem and it turned out to be the inj.

I had a similar problem awhile ago. Fuel pressure adjustment fixed it.

A common mistake when putting on the Power Plate is to create a vacuum leak some where...break out the scan tool and see what it tells you.

Thanks for the starting points guys!!!

Ill check out both of those things.

The injectors are brand new and im sorry but they are 50# injectors. They have been on the car for a while. Ill have to check out a bunch of those things tomorrow night. Keep em coming guys!! thanks,

Jamin

Aside from fuel issues, I would check your plug wires, coil pack and ignition module( and also your MAF sensor). When I first bought mine it would run normally until 5-6 lbs of boost ......then POP a total no fire. This took me eons to figure out as I was new to these cars.
Finally swapped out coil and module, problem solved. May not be your issue but thought I would present it.....

Always start with the simple things first.....I can't tell you how many times I have battled a problem that seemed complicated when the answer was somewhere right under my nose.

Good luck
Chris

I agree with Chris, check the plugs and wires first.

Then find someone with a Caspers coil pack tester or pop on your spare coil pack and/or module.

Everyone should have a tester or those spare parts.

Or know someone that does. :D

Then you go on to the MAF.

Pull a plug or three to see if rich or lean or oil fouled or....

do u have a scan tool so that you can varifey what is going on?

if its ds files feel free to email them to me at ttypewe4jim@comcast.net

also make sure that you check for all of the oboius (sp) things frist like the coil pack and module.......... but that has already been said :D

Well the plugs and wires are brand new. This problem was here before I did all of this new stuff but the addition of the new parts magnified it. The FP is at about 42 with the line on and car running. As I said plugs and wires are brand new. I unfortunitly at this time do not have a scan tool. I will be purchasing one very shortly as I do know how valuable they are. I just dont have the funds at this moment to get one. I actually know a good buddy who has one so ill take it over to his shop for now. I really appreciate you guys trying to help and ill check some things out tonight when I get home from work. Ill definitely check the grounds and ill ohm the coil pack and everything. Then ill post back and see if it helped. Thanks,

Jamin

FP should be #42 with the line off
not with the line on :D

btw....... what plugs did ya go with ?

whats the chances a miss-adjusted IAC is causing the car to BUck ?

i know alot of people had problems with this issue.

borrow a scantool and get some actuall numbers

Again thanks for the info guys. I went with a delco plug. r43ts I think...Im at work and dont have the car here to check. I will readjust the FP and check my grounds and everything tonight. I do need to get myself a scan tool, im thinking about just getting myself one and being done with it. I think I just talked myself into it. Keep em coming and ill post more info tonight when i have a chance to look at things. Thanks again,
Jamin

I don't really think there is a need to "Keep 'em coming" untill you get your fuel pressure adjusted and verify the ignition and plugs are good. I am 98% sure that is where your problem is and we won't know untill you have verified it. No sense trying to figure out what the other 2% may be untill the easy stuff is out of the way.

1BADTTA- You are right...I didnt mean it that way, sorry for any confusion. Like I said before, I will check into it this evening and post back with my findings. I dont know how much ill get to drive it since it looks like a friggin tornado in chicago where Im at, but ill do my best. I appreciate all the help so far from the guys with more TR wisdom that I have. This is a great site and ive already learned so much from it. I hope to one day be able to give my two cents when I feel as though its needed. Thanks again guys and ill post again tonight when I find out whats going on. Thanks,
Jamin

Hey, I see that you are local, what brand of O2 sensor did you replace it with? It sounds like it is fuel related. Do you have anybody near you where you can swap things with and see. If you want give me call and see if we can figure this out. 630-965-1987.

Good luck
Prasad

make sure u are geting the right amount of volts to your pump.
my car also bucked and poped and i had a hot wire kit ,but it was defective check the volts!!!:D