Wild wreck video from Outlaw Radial Race @ SGMP

I should clarify, these classes are stock style suspension, not technically stock.

Drag racing, in any form has risk. Does not matter if you are in a 14 second car or a 4 second Funny Car. In this case the safety equipment did its job, the driver walked away...
X2

Its very easy to sit behind a keyboard and give your prosepective. Look at how many angles you got to see it from........... Now strap yourself in that seat and see that all this happens in a split sec when you think its all good. This guy is no rookie. That's why you sign your wavier when you enter the gates. Nothing in this sport is guaranteed, lots has to do with rolling the dice when you are at a certain level. I wouldn't go there with the brain cell comment, if you want to be safe, stay in the stands. That guy is a great driver, but like Kevin said, it hit off the bumper wrong causing it to flip the car. That's racing, plain and simple.

Got Anti Roll bars?, Nope, that's why this happen..

Actually. Yes he does. Along with many other top of the line suspension pieces. Not to mention a roll cage certified by NHRA and teched before the race which is why he walked away from this accident and was able to laugh with me and my friends later in the night. I probably would have been loaded up and went home in a state of depression if I were him.

You really have no idea of the braincells is takes to get a car like Kevin's down the track. Shock settings, travel limiters, launch rpm, nitrous percentage activation and ramp speeds, tire pressure, timing retards and ramps, front end weight needed to keep the nose down, transmission and converter temperature, nitrous bottle pressure........just to give you an idea of a few variables that effect what happens when guys like us (with hairy balls) let go of the trans brake button. 2 degrees of timing over half a second can make a huge change to the car's behavior especially when you throw in the rapidly changing weather we had. His engine can make an extra 200hp from changing the timing 2 degrees. Next time you want to comment on someone's braincell capacity....check yourself.

Actually. Yes he does. Along with many other top of the line suspension pieces. Not to mention a roll cage certified by NHRA and teched before the race which is why he walked away from this accident and was able to laugh with me and my friends later in the night. I probably would have been loaded up and went home in a state of depression if I were him.

You really have no idea of the braincells is takes to get a car like Kevin's down the track. Shock settings, travel limiters, launch rpm, nitrous percentage activation and ramp speeds, tire pressure, timing retards and ramps, front end weight needed to keep the nose down, transmission and converter temperature, nitrous bottle pressure........just to give you an idea of a few variables that effect what happens when guys like us (with hairy balls) let go of the trans brake button. 2 degrees of timing over half a second can make a huge change to the car's behavior especially when you throw in the rapidly changing weather we had. His engine can make an extra 200hp from changing the timing 2 degrees. Next time you want to comment on someone's braincell capacity....check yourself.

:)

Dusty looked like you had the Turbo mustang working in Ultimate Street. Think you got it to go a 5.2X if I am not mistaken..When we going to see your beast?

:)

Dusty looked like you had the Turbo mustang working in Ultimate Street. Think you got it to go a 5.2X if I am not mistaken..When we going to see your beast?

We did end up #2 qualifier with a 5.21 at 137. We had high mph for the class. I was a little leary of what the old M/T 275/60 could take so once I got it in the 5.20 range I left it alone to make sure it would repeat. Ronnie Wilson went a 5.17 knocking me off the #1 spot. Best 60' was 1.245 so I had a few numbers there I could improve on as elims went along. I expected to be in the 5.17-5.18 range by 3rd round of elims but the rain washed us out.

I brought the rear back to TRZ so they could narrow it a little more. I want it low on the 315's so we had to do a little more work to it. The chassis is done. I still have to do a little welding on some small items on the cage so it can be painted. Then I have to mount the new glass decklid and glass doors, front and rear bumpers and fillers so the car can be painted. Then on to getting it wired. Really focusing more on getting down to min weight other than making more power. Still alot to be done but my part is about finished so it should go pretty quickly once it's in someone else's hands. lol

Looks like the rear bumper hit, unloaded the rear tires for a split second, then sat it back down biased to one side & that was it. Lucky that he didn't roll all the way. Nice footage.

~JM~

We did end up #2 qualifier with a 5.21 at 137. We had high mph for the class. I was a little leary of what the old M/T 275/60 could take so once I got it in the 5.20 range I left it alone to make sure it would repeat. Ronnie Wilson went a 5.17 knocking me off the #1 spot. Best 60' was 1.245 so I had a few numbers there I could improve on as elims went along. I expected to be in the 5.17-5.18 range by 3rd round of elims but the rain washed us out.

I brought the rear back to TRZ so they could narrow it a little more. I want it low on the 315's so we had to do a little more work to it. The chassis is done. I still have to do a little welding on some small items on the cage so it can be painted. Then I have to mount the new glass decklid and glass doors, front and rear bumpers and fillers so the car can be painted. Then on to getting it wired. Really focusing more on getting down to min weight other than making more power. Still alot to be done but my part is about finished so it should go pretty quickly once it's in someone else's hands. lol

Cool Dusty, can't wait to see you out with yours. There was so many cars there, we could not find you in the pits..

-Alex