You can type here any text you want

Will A 275-50-15 Nitto Fit A Gn 7" Wheel?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gn.87

Time Capsule
As It Says "what Is The Largest Size Drag Tire Can I Fit On The Stock 7" Gn Steel Wheel? (ex) 275-50-15????????
Will This Size Fit With Out Looking Funny?

I would go 275/60 Nitto and it won't look really funny if you do it. But that rim width is a touch small for a tire that wide and the tire buldge will not be something I would want to hit a ton of pot holes and hard corning with.

I had 265/50 up front on my stock rims at one point with 255/60's out back and that looked kind of funny. :frown:

Go with the 60's. With your combo, you will run out of RPM in the 1/4 with the "too short" nitto 50's.

The reason I am asking is because I have 2 555r's in the 275-50-15 size. The MT's I want are on national backorder. I will put these tires on the stock rim for the time being. I just wanted to make sure it would fit before I invested the time and money. Thanks for the imput.

The reason I am asking is because I have 2 555r's in the 275-50-15 size. The MT's I want are on national backorder. I will put these tires on the stock rim for the time being. I just wanted to make sure it would fit before I invested the time and money. Thanks for the imput.

On a GN rim, they will rub the frame slightly when cornering.

I'm not a big fan of 275/50's for a non drag radial rear tire. They really don't offer better handling or traction over a 245 or 255/60 rear tire and unlike these narrower tires, don't fit well on a 7" rim and wear prematurely in daily driver use.

To give you some numbers to help you out, the 275 has a 10.8" section width.
That means that on a 7" rim each side has a buldge of 1.9" ( which is a lot ) and the stock rim has a 4" B.S. But if you make it a 60 ratio tire that 1.9" will get sucked in a bit more than the 50 ratio. So the 50 will have a higher chance of rubbing unless you plan on poly bushing the control arms.

Like Norbs said, the 50 will really run you to the end of 3rd on your car and good luck getting a 50 ratio to hook let alone a Nitto 50 with that converter and turbo.

Sell them for the 275/60 so you can get a better 60ft and keep you in 3rd below 6000 rpm.

I ran Nitto 275 x 50 on a stock TR wheel with minor rubbing & they lasted no more than 5000 street miles. I have seen more severe rubbing issues with stock GN wheels. I now have 9" wheels & about 3000 miles on a set with little wear compared to the 7" wheels.

I have the 275 x 50 Nittos on the stock GN wheel. The fit and do not rub, but I can not run more that 24 psi in the tires without the center wearing too fast. I got about 9000 - 10,000 miles out of them including track runs. The tire really is too wide for the 7" wheel in my opinion. I am probably going to go with the 255 x 60 Micky's next time.

Well the reason I was asking was because I sold the drag wheels and can not get the 255/60/15 MT's now due to a backorder. I did put the 275/50/15 Nitto's on the stock GN 7" wheels and I do agree that they are a bit wide. It does work though! I Thank you all for the reply's.

did the tire dealer you talked to give you any idea on when the MT's would be availible?

Well It Seems The Time-frame Is From The End Of Jan To The End Of Feb. That Means The End Of March! (lol) I Am Going To Call Feb 1st And Check On It.

Back