You can type here any text you want

Will the stock GN wheels clean the B-body 12" front brakes??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BetMinesFaster

Turbo LSX Trader
Hey guys, just like the title says! Curious if the stock 86-7 GN wheels will clear the 12" b-body brakes? I was planning a wheel upgrade sometime but not during the current project, any info would be great, Thanks, Ryan:D

Nope.

Only the Blazer 11" swap will work.

T-type and 84-85 GN AL wheels, yes. '86-87 GN wheels, no.

you sure about that? every B body from 77-96 had 15" wheels on the cars with the HD brakes- cop cars, taxi cabs, wagons, etc- with the only exception being the 94-96 Impala SS that got the 17" wheels.
of course, the different bolt pattern and hub diameter of the b body rotor makes it impossible to try a GN wheel on someone's Caprice.
but if you've already got the B body spindles and calipers, then it would only cost the $35 for a 1LE rotor to see if it clears.

you sure about that? every B body from 77-96 had 15" wheels on the cars with the HD brakes- cop cars, taxi cabs, wagons, etc- with the only exception being the 94-96 Impala SS that got the 17" wheels.
of course, the different bolt pattern and hub diameter of the b body rotor makes it impossible to try a GN wheel on someone's Caprice.
but if you've already got the B body spindles and calipers, then it would only cost the $35 for a 1LE rotor to see if it clears.

It doesn't. If it did, i'd be able to put my GN wheels on my T-type (which has 1LE rotors).

All 15" wheels aren't created equal. GN wheels are less equal than others.

I never stopped to look about how much of what had to be ground away to get them to work, I just gave up.

The GN Chrome Steel wheel is a reverse offset. In other words the shell is welded to the center backwards. A normal shell where the front is the back and the back is the front. The B-Body uses a normal wheel. Seems to me there might be just enough meat left on the caliper so that you can do some grinding and shaving so it clears. Thats a big If IMO. I have the parts laying in my parts stash and I think thats the conclusion I came to many years ago.:confused:

Back