You can type here any text you want

Will these wheels fit

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

souljasmooth

Will these wheels fit a GN without mods or spacers? My GN has rolled fenders

17x8 B/Spec 5.625 Backspace
18x9.75 B/Spec 3.25 Backspace

Is there a site I can go to to find out what size wheels would fit, so I dont have to ask this same question on different wheels all the time?

thanks!!

No they wont work. Way too much backspace in the front and not enough in the rear

No prob!!;) I guess I shouldnt have said they wont work becuase you could use a 1" spacer up front and just have to live with the rears sticking out of the wheel well and jack the rear up some so they dont hit the fender. Depends on how hillbilly you are i guess!!

Hoa,

(God I hate posting here, but you are a good guy so I'll suck it up... come over to the dark side (aka the other board)).

Check out this site: Wheel / tire size calculator / comparer - RIMSnTIRES.com

Knowing what the maximum allowable back spacing your car can handle helps. It is different for every car, and most rearends are offset differently due to production tolerances/wear. You can reverse engineer it from there to see what will work.

Like I did:

1.JPG

If you need more help sign up on the turbobuick site that ends with an "S". ;)

what are the specs on your simmons? tire size, offsets? 17 or 18?

look killer

Hoa,

(God I hate posting here, but you are a good guy so I'll suck it up... come over to the dark side (aka the other board)).

Check out this site: Wheel / tire size calculator / comparer - RIMSnTIRES.com

Knowing what the maximum allowable back spacing your car can handle helps. It is different for every car, and most rearends are offset differently due to production tolerances/wear. You can reverse engineer it from there to see what will work.

Like I did:

1.JPG

If you need more help sign up on the turbobuick site that ends with an "S". ;)

what are the specs on your simmons? tire size, offsets? 17 or 18?

look killer

Thanks.

What I am about to say isn't directed at you specifically. It is directed at the catalogue shopping mentality that this community supports/promotes.

Unfortunately there is no easy solution, not for extreme effort required to fit something different to a car. There are risks that must be taken and sacrifices made to accomplish the goal. Until the members here, and on many other forums, start taking risks you are all going to look to the risk takers to solve your problem. Don't be surprised if they choose to keep the answers to themselves. You must use your own analytical thought processes and figure it the F*CK out.

The specs for the wheels (specifically how I fit them) on my Buick are public knowledge on the other site if you choose to go find them. However, the dimensions won't help you because I can guarantee you that your car doesn't have the same variables in play that mine did. The process provided will help guide you toward defying convention.

To answer your question they are 17x11 (might be 11.5) w/315/35R17 Nitto NT05Rs out back and 17x9.5 w/275/40R17 BFG KDWs up front. The frame is STOCK and the wheel lips cut & rolled. And no, they don't stick out past the fender lips.

Thanks.

What I am about to say isn't directed at you specifically. It is directed at the catalogue shopping mentality that this community supports/promotes.

Unfortunately there is no easy solution, not for extreme effort required to fit something different to a car. There are risks that must be taken and sacrifices made to accomplish the goal. Until the members here, and on many other forums, start taking risks you are all going to look to the risk takers to solve your problem. Don't be surprised if they choose to keep the answers to themselves. You must use your own analytical thought processes and figure it the F*CK out.

The specs for the wheels (specifically how I fit them) on my Buick are public knowledge on the other site if you choose to go find them. However, the dimensions won't help you because I can guarantee you that your car doesn't have the same variables in play that mine did. The process provided will help guide you toward defying convention.

To answer your question they are 17x11 (might be 11.5) w/315/35R17 Nitto NT05Rs out back and 17x9.5 w/275/40R17 BFG KDWs up front. The frame is STOCK and the wheel lips cut & rolled. And no, they don't stick out past the fender lips.
Couldn't have been said better!

Your set up looks awesome and so does your car!

Scot W.

...However, the dimensions won't help you because I can guarantee you that your car doesn't have the same variables in play that mine did. The process provided will help guide you toward defying convention....

Between my two TR's, one needs a lot of spacing and the other doesn't need any. From what I can see, my GN frame is physically narrower and centered better on the frame than the T.

My GN can fit stock T wheels with 28x9 MT ET Drags (the sidewall is much wider than 9 inches) and no rubbing at all even wrinkling the walls on a hard launch. Same wheel and tire can't even bolt up to the T- hits frame and the ATR dual 3 exhaust way before the wheel touches the drum. A 1/2 or 3/4 inch spacer it rubs the inner wells sometimes. All frames are not equal, all reareends are not equal width/mounted centered, all bodies aren't mounted on those frames the same either. What you can do is move the body on the frame to center it better.

I can fit the SLP 17x8 ZR1 replica wheels with 275 50 M&H drag radials with no spacer and no rubbing on my GN, the T requires the 1/2 inch spacer on both sides. It even can run a 1 inch spacer and fit fine without hitting the outer lip. If I put the spacer on the GN, it rubs the outer lip on both wheel combos. YMMV

Sure.

And the variables go beyond even the frame and body. Consider the impact of aluminum and iron brake drums vs. the number of aftermarket disc brake options; the specification and production differences in tires between the various brands despite what the sidewall says; and the general wonky production tolerances of the 1980s. The list goes on and on.

If the concept of risk (and reasearch) is too much to stomach for those reading this I suggest you do all of your shopping here: summmitracing.com and JEGS Performance Auto Parts - Holley - Billet Specialties - Edelbrock - MSD - Moroso - Mr Gasket Just plug in the make and model of your car and buy whatever is in the catalogue.

Merry Christmas!

x2 on Mr T's comments. you really have to get in there, measure and experiment. one car may get away with 4.75 bs while another at 4.5 bs cannot.

Back