You can type here any text you want

Will these work?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87geeinn

Buick and AMG pilot
I'm thinking about trying these Cragar wheels and was curious of how they might fit.

Specifically part # 397783P which is a 16x8 rim with 5" of backspacing and +13mm offset.

For comparison purposes, I read the specs of the GNX wheels and I understand that they had offsets of 15mm (front) and 23mm (rear). I'm not trying to get the GNX fit, but seems to me the numbers are close enough that the Cragar wheels should work. I think the 5" of backspacing is okay with the positive offset but I'm not sure. Thoughts?

5" of backspacing is huge for an 8" wheel. The outer lip is going to look shallow like what you'd see on a FWD car. With 8" wheels most guys go for 4" BS some even go with 3" to really get a nice wide stance. Positive offset is not a good look for RWD muscle cars.

I think the GNX rims were Negative offset.

Those are odd sizing combo's for that wheel. The 15 X 8 with 4" B.S. would work, and the 17 X 8 with 4.5" B.S. should work too. But the 5" B.S. would be pushing the wheel in a bit too much. (I run 17 X 8 with 4.5" B.S. on the front of mine)

Back