You can type here any text you want

Will this door work?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Daniel Lane

I'm looking for a door for my 86 GN and found a 84 manual driver side door in good shape. Can i just swap over my windows and other electronics from my original door to the manual door?? How hard is it?

Also, I looked all over the forum to no avail before i asked this question.

I'm looking for a door for my 86 GN and found a 84 manual driver side door in good shape. Can i just swap over my windows and other electronics from my original door to the manual door?? How hard is it?

Also, I looked all over the forum to no avail before i asked this question.
I believe they are interchangable

remove the glass
punch out the steel pin in the center of the rivets that hold the regulator assembly (i think theres four of them) and then just drill out the rivets with a bit 1/4" or less .
you can install the power regulator into the new door using small nuts and bolts but i always do them with 1/4" body rivets and a big daddy rivet gun as the factory did it

the manual door should already have a hole punched for the wiring harness in the door jam,just remove the plastic plug and run the wiring harness into the door and reinstall the glass

Back