You can type here any text you want

Will this fit a 87GN? Champion All Aluminum Radiator

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Would have to run an external oil cooler? any recommendations?

Yeah... Buy the proper radiator.

Aside from the lack of an internal oil cooler, the one that you have pictured most likely does not provide enough cooling capacity. The ad also states that it is not currently available. I would look for a three row core.

It may fit in a Regal, but my concern would be what is inside?

I have seen a few of these off-shore aluminum radiators that will not provide adequate cooling due to the tubes being undersize.

These small tubes will not pass enough water to allow it to cool like it should.

The 550 HP version lists the tubes as .63" wide, but no mention of how tall the tube measures which is critical to provide enough water flow?

If you are in the snow belt, this may not be an issue for you, but here in the desert at 100+ degrees you must have the proper radiator if the AC is being used.

Also remember, aluminum does not cool or dissipates heat as well as copper like the factory radiator so you actually need more flow in an alum radiator compared to an original.

If anyone is looking for an aluminum radiator for their turbo Buick,The best option is a core with two rows of one inch wide tubes. Nothing cools better than this. You can find one on ebay that will fit,but the inlet and outlet tubes will not be the same diameters as the stock radiator. It will not have an oil cooler(not a big deal),nor will the drain petcock be in the stock location(not a big deal). The only option with the correct inlet and outlet tube diameters,oil cooler,stock petcock location,and a core with two rows of two inch wide tubes is the Alradco.

I ran one in my jeep. It cooled well in it. It lasted a little over a year before the core started to leak.

Back