You can type here any text you want

Window question.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dhos1

Self-tuning wanna-be
Tomorrow I am swapping out my window motors on both sides and upon removing the drivers side motor, the window fell down into the door, how difficult and is there a track it rides on that it needs to go back in when I install the new motor. How does that motor fit in there besides the screws, do the gears mesh somehow with a mechanism inside. Thanks-

The window motor connects to the regulator assembly.

If your window has fallen into the door, it has nothing to do with the motor. More than likely the rollers have come out of the track or the window has separated from the rollers.

There will also be a clip on the window that connects to the inside of the door(on the metal post) these are commonly broke & help with glass alignment. You may need new rollers/clips. Also wouldn't hurt to clean & regrease the tracks(that requires removal to make it easiest).

Also whilst you have it all apart, I would recommend glass alignment adjustment on both windows(if not already done).

Back