Winter will be here before you know it

BeanSS

SlickSquid
And there is a few issues I want to tackle with my 83 while it's in lay up
The first one is my rusting frame...it's doesn't seem bad at all but man...I know rust is a beeooytch!...
How much would I be looking at dishiing out if I want to have someone swap out my frame? I honestly have no idea how much that would run?

Second I don't know if I want to go the 86-87 SFI route or the V8 route?...Im not for sure if I got the resources out here to help me get down with this type of motor but the V8 I got friends who can definitely help....ahh decisions decisions..

so hey throw some opinions my way..figured I'd get to be a little more vocal in this part of the forum seeing as we are all local!:biggrin:

Actually I guess I should ask where would you have the frame work done at locally and cost huh? my bad!

I WOULDN'T go to Coastel in VA Beach...that's for sure. Just got my friends EVO from there and a check engine light is already on. Plus their shop always has DONKS there and that's pretty much it.

Second I don't know if I want to go the 86-87 SFI route or the V8 route?...Im not for sure if I got the resources out here to help me get down with this type of motor but the V8 I got friends who can definitely help....ahh decisions decisions..

Have you spoken to SteveV he is the man to talk to if youre looking for someone local. He is currently working on mines

And there is a few issues I want to tackle with my 83 while it's in lay up
The first one is my rusting frame...it's doesn't seem bad at all but man...I know rust is a beeooytch!...
How much would I be looking at dishiing out if I want to have someone swap out my frame? I honestly have no idea how much that would run?

so hey throw some opinions my way..figured I'd get to be a little more vocal in this part of the forum seeing as we are all local!:biggrin:

Any body shop can do a frame swap,not job I would do.

I know an 86-87 conversion is a LOT of work,V8 is much easier and cheaper. If you want and 86-87 style ,just buy one broke and fix it..much better(and cheaper IMO) than a conversion. I don't do IC conversions,maybe when I have a bigger place.

Yeah im really thinking of going the V8 route my self...Coastal is my boys shop..I already had a Donk about 5 years ago so im cool..Hey Steve I may bug you to tune my carb up a bit if it's not too much of a bother..my car won't run unless im on the gas?? How much you think a frame swap would run in the good ol' 757? There is a body shop right behind my house on Newton Rd.

What kind of carb is on there? It might be time for a rebuild there. I love seeing the older carbed TR's around!

Yeah I was gonna go and check to give out the exacts but it's raining type CRAZY outside right now! Ugghhh...

Yeah im really thinking of going the V8 route my self...Coastal is my boys shop..I already had a Donk about 5 years ago so im cool..Hey Steve I may bug you to tune my carb up a bit if it's not too much of a bother..my car won't run unless im on the gas?? How much you think a frame swap would run in the good ol' 757? There is a body shop right behind my house on Newton Rd.

I have not messed with a 83 setup....LOL....it must be a feedback type carb. You would probably get more accurate info in the B4black section.

Frame swap they would need to look it up on the labor guide to get an idea.

V8 swap would be simple and cheapest for sure.

How long have you had the car? I know you need to make extra sure the power enrichment valve hose routing is absolutely correct and that you have the correct vacuum secondary Quadrajet. They were made specifically for that car and one off of another car or a Holley will just bog the engine. I had a couple of scary carb backfires (like 3 feet high) on my old '78 Sport Coupe because of the stupid mechanical secondaries on the Holley that was on there. By the way, do you know if your ECM is working correctly? I mean retarding the timing if you get into the knock?

I've had the car about a month...and I 've been gone for about 90% of that time! ha
Im not a mechanical person at all so I wouldn't know any of the things you just listed out for me...How would I go about looking?

BEFORE BLACK Website

That's where I got a lot of my knowledge. And turning wrenches.

By the way, those cats that hang around in the B4Black section have tons of knowledge when it comes to tuning