You can type here any text you want

Wiring AMS500 To XFI

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Boost231

What's An Intercooler
Staff member
just wondering how i go about doing this? i want to wire the AMS500 to the XFI using one of the AUX ports. Which Wire do i run from the ams to the xfi? the reason i want to do this is so it will turn the ams500 on around 30% throttle or something like that. right now its wired so as soon as i turn the car on the selonoides start clicking and thats annoying as hell. anyways thanks for the help

brent

Im not sure on the ams500 input control,does it use a positive signal or ground signal for trigger?
You can get a spare XFI pin and use location B1(this is tps controlled output)
it sends out a ground signal not a positive signal.
It can still be used if the AMS500 requires a positive signal you can use a relay to convert it

Not sure myself. I didn't wire it up. Mine has all 7 wire hooked up. The inputs on the box are as follows, input1,input2,+12 volt,selenoid +12 volt,ground,increase solenoide, decrease solenoide. Input 1 and 2 are for different boost level triggers which I have setup. I'm guessing I could wire the solenoide +12 volt to a relay like your saying and trigger it with the xfi ground that way the box has power but the solenoids don't till they get triggered.

The AMS500 has 2 dip switches that you can choose positive or negative trigger. I used my brake switch to trigger stage 1, and will use an anaog out from my XFI for 2.

Major edit. Ok I did alittle research and from what I read the selonoides will start clicking once one of the ams inputs is triggered correct. So let's say I have input one connected to my brake switch once I press the brake it will make the selonoides click because its getting a ground from my brake. Now let's say input 2 is hooked up to the xfi via an aux input and set to 50% throttle the selonodies will start clicking at 50% tps or more. Ok I think that's how it works. So since on my car input one is set on my brake it will only trigger the selonoides once I press it.. now input 2 is jumped over to the ground on the ams which is causing my selonoides to click none stop. So with that being said I'm kinda lost on two things. If input 2 is on all the time and set for 20psi why doesn't my car make 20psi while on the brake? Input 1 is set at 10psi and triggered by the brake. If the brake is off it will go to 20psi then correct since input one is no longer grounded correct? I hope this makes since. So if input 1 is on it will be at that level regarless if input2 is activated as well correct. So now I should be able to take input 2 and run it to the aux port on the xfi and set it that way. Ok now I'm just going on and on. Its 137 am and I'm just trying to figure this out. Thanks for all the help

You are correct about input 1 overiding input 2.
I have input 1 wired to my transbrake switch and input 2 wired to auxillary output 2 of the Xfi and it works perfectly. Just make sure the AMS unit input 2 is configured to switch on by going to ground.

Sweet I figured it out. Now just have to get the car to do it.

Anyone have any xfi pins they want to send me?

You are correct about input 1 overiding input 2.
I have input 1 wired to my transbrake switch and input 2 wired to auxillary output 2 of the Xfi and it works perfectly. Just make sure the AMS unit input 2 is configured to switch on by going to ground.

Robert, my AMS 500 is set up the same way as yours. Are you in "Normal Mode"?
Jeff

Jeff,
I double checked and I have the overall configuration in Normal Mode (other choice is Safe Mode).
I have input 1 configuration set to Launch Mode (other choices are Normal and Dual Stage).

The input can be either ground or + input. I had my 500 triggered by the B1( i believe) output based on TPS. The only issue was that if the car spins the tires and you pedal it, the controller will reset starting the boost curve again. So with that in mind i would set the thresholds to a point where if you pedaled the car, the signal wont change reseting the 1st stage.

Back