Wiring on SMC alky tank?

timstips

There are three connections on the tank of the SMC tank. One is the red and black connector which can only go on one way. The other two appear to be interchangeable. Can these two go either way, and if not which way do they go? This is a single nozzle kit. Thanks, Tim.

The connector w/ the ground wire coming off of it goes to the gauge.I just got my new repacement kit & was wondering the same thing since my other SMC kit didn't have but 2 connectors.I decided to go ahead & get the extra pressure gauge on this new kit which has the extra connector.I grounded mine right on top of my V4 w/ a sheetmetal screw that was already there holding on the intercooler cover.

Good luck,
The Darkside:cool:

??? So the new kits have a pressure gauge?

....or is this an option for the new kits....under-the-hood or in the cockpit?

Hmmmmm, I might need to send my kit off for an update.

John

OKTURBO:

It cost an extra 25.00 for the upgrade & that covers his parts used.It's a pressure gauge that mounts on top of your bottle and it should show 45psi when you hit your test button on top of your controller wityh your pump speed on 5 or the 12 o'clock position.
I would call or e-mail Steve about it because he can explain it better than I can.

The Darkside:cool:

Just got my kit upgraded and was wondering what the ground wire wass for.......and now I know. Steve also is installing a relay inside the controller. Can't wait to get it back on!!