Wiring up a transducer for alky with fast xfi

434nova

What wires do I hook up to wire a transducer for measuring alky pressure with a fast xfi. I also want to hook up a fuel pressure transducer also.

Since it sounds like your not logging fuel and oil I would get the capers fuel oil logger that hooks into thr egr connector for a plug and play setup. Use the one for fuel and one for alky instead of oil

while you could easily connect the oil sender to the alky line by the nozzle note that the pnp fuel logging kit has 100 psi sensors ... you need 150+ for alky and youll need to set the analog sensor values in your XFI program accordingly
the PNP uses the egr plug (be sure to reconfigure pins inside the casper box) to make input to the XFI easier with fuel and oil sensors to analog aux 1 and aux 2 respectively . if on 2.05 or updating to 2.05 aux 1 and aux 2 are are dedicated sensors and can affect the fueling and engine cutoff depending on their reading so if using the PNP oil sensor (aux2) you need to make sure to disable the oil sensor engine cutoff and the OPS fault flag , if using the fuel sensor aux 1 be sure to disable the fuel pressure correction and the FPS sensor fault

best is just wire in a 150 or 200 psi sensor to the xfi directly to analog aux 3 input (pin c14 )
some sensors are 5v input some are 12v they all use the same 3 prong plug so be sure to verify what voltage they need as some 5v sensor will pop if 12v is applied.
if sensor is 12v you can tap 12v from pink /blk at egr plug or boost solenoid ... if 5v tap from the TPS/MAP gray wire
people will argue ground is ground but its best to keep high and low grounds seperate .. if 5v input wire the sensor ground to the tps ground , if 12v use the egr plug ground
with sensor installed go into CCom connect and FILE> auxiliary analog sensor setup and label and set the offset and gain values for your sensor at aux 3

Attachments

• XFI labeled pin out C.jpg
    XFI labeled pin out C.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
even if you dont get the PNP sensor setup instead of running wires to the xfi you still can make use of the egr wires for analog aux1 and aux 2 by changing the two jumpers inside the casper adapter box
then just wire in your sensor plug ...the egr diagnostic wire and the egr signal wire (gray and brown) will run back to the xfi at aux 1 and aux 2 , blk is ground, if sensor requires 12v the pink/blk is 12v switched

oh , razor had a kit for logging alky that was PNP into the map you just need to run the signal which could be run to the egr gray or brown wire
and i dotn like to spend much on alky sensors they dont seem to last in methanol, ebay has some cheap 5v sensors with pigtail socket around 20bucks.

Attachments

• ecmwiring1.jpg
    ecmwiring1.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
Pace thanks,I was reading in a previous thread about those 20 dollar transducers and the adapter for the alky.
I also want to run a gauge to view the alky pressure do you have a recommendation on that ?

Since I am running a external waste gate and not using the factory boost solenoid I could just get the 5v sensor and tap into that then correct?

THANKS AGAIN.

Julio (razor) (alky control) sells a gauge setup to monitor alky pressure as well

the OE boost solenoid /emission canister solenoid/ egr solenoid / MAF sensor is 12v ,
TPS and MAP sensor grey wire is 5v

if you get the gauge w/sensor from Julio you can tap the signal and run to an aux input , just need to program the aux values in the XFI for the sensor he sends which should be a 5v in sensor because it will be different values than used with 12v in 100psi sensor

typically 5v input sensors are .5 -4.5 v output , the 12v input sensors are 1v-5volt output