Wits End

84HAGN

Well iam at my wits end still cant get this damn thing running right
I got Turbolink2.13 running and all i get from it is garbage data every other frame did a search on it and went thru all the problems everyone has had with it grounds fan relay connectors power inverters and nothing has helped
as soon as turbolink comes on you can hear the engine start to run differently the idle steps down a bit and becomes rougher than it was before the hook up.
So i figure bad turbolink cables so I hook up my OTC 4000 and it does the same thing
I have tried 4 diffent MAF meters 1 84/85 and 3 86/87 and the 84/85 runs the best but still has problems with any of the 86/87 Mafs i get knock into the red one time and the next no knock the damn thing has no consistency
if it ran bad all the time I could fix it but when it runs good one minute and the 10 minutes later it runs like crap
My BLM have been anywhere from 90 to 150
Got iac at 28-30 and tps .44 idle 4.60 wot
fuel is 42-43 vac off
I have checked every wire , ground and connection evry sensors and setting at least 3 times to no avail .
Today had 84/85 MAf running OK pulled out into traffic Had to mash gas
got to 13 lbs pulling pretty good and the stutter still 13 lbs and black smoke rolling out of the tail pipes so Get to work and change MAf put 1 of the 86/87
on it reset computer drive home (about 10 miles) get close to home try to record a wot pass on turbolink (want to get a run to send to eric for chip tuning) 1st run ok a little slow out of the hole but ok get about 2 lights on knock gauge and what i could tell from turbolink was 1.5 degress of knock at 13 lbs of boost damn turbo link had error codes popping up like popcorn
every other frame so I drive on cruise about 5 miles (cool Down) and try again well bogs out the hole knock gauge into the red turbolink said something like 19.5 knock
just had to rant at the end of my rope here
any help would be greatly app
Thanks
Looks Good Though

Mike, do you have any of those runs recorded you could send me?

Also, have you tried a different ECM to see if the codes stop?

Regards,
Eric

Hi Mike,

I don't know if this is what's going on, but I remember my OTC 2000 having two modes, the default was a diagnostic mode and the other was a running mode. I believe your OTC 4000 may be in diagnostic mode and you'd need to switch to the other mode.

Hope this helps

run/otc

Hi eric yes I got a couplle I will send ya give me an address and I will send them to you
and thanks about the info on the OTC but is was in road test mode not diag mode and it still doesnt explain why The engine runs differently with The OTC and TUrbolink hooked up
Thanks keep em coming