Wizaired and spring blockers?.....

SITHV6

Move against the Jedi 1st
Ok...besides an aeroforce guage to monitor KR and whatnots....my next IMMEDIATE mod is going to be a Wizaired CAI and something to stop my rear end from looking like its gonna hit the ground at launching. Friends have mentioned to me "spring blockers", so i did a Google search on them and found ppl were mentioning suspension parts getting ruined and others just didnt like the set up. If the spring blockers are so frowned on why hasnt anyone come up with something better OR can i simply adapt an Air lift air bag kit that we use on our Turbo Buicks? Soooo my questions for our resident 3800 Gurus are...

1. Wizaired CAI from zzp.... best set up out there?
2. Spring blockers...where and cant i use air bags in the springs instead?

Maybe i should call zoom at ZZP and ask him if they tried air bags yet? :confused:

wizair , msp ,thrasher , rubbermaid trash can intake all similar all work well , I have had them on cars I bought allready modded

personally before I would buy a $200 intake I would just do 4" intake tubing , wrap it with reflective foam backed wrap , run it out to the fender and isolate it with a peice of roof flashing.

others do 4" pvc thinwall tubing with a 22* elbow out to the fenderwell with a home depot roof flashing

either way you put a cone filter on the end and try to get most of it in the fenderwell with the rest at least covered/inside the roof flashing around $75 total or less if you are real thrifty...

here is a visual

fwi001.jpg

my experience with the gto/g8 shipping blockers is my daily driver has had them installed one per side for over 100,000 miles - the only issue was a bit of squeaking at first , I am sure the springs are mis shaped from being spread but no ass drag and still decent ride for 100k is good for me. 2 per side with or without cable mod for the track

gtospringblockers002.jpg

since your gonna ask whats the cable mod heres a pic of it mocked up on a rusty crusty parts car for someone that asked to see it installed once , track only , use in conjunction with blockers incase a cable were ever to break at the top end the suspension can only drop onto the blockers (2 per side with cable mod)

cable20mod20001.jpg

awesome pics and info...however...I'm a TURBO BUICK owner...money doesnt Scare me! lol . Anyway, the Wizaired is on the way and gonna hopefully try it out Friday if the UPS guy delivers it in time. Oh...i found out WHY theres no air bags available... theres a shock/strut thingy that goes thru the center of the spring....dam. Went to Autozone and for $7 bought the tall spring boosters (4 to a pack). 2.012 60ft without them. wonder if i'll break 1.9's with them?

awesome pics and info...however...I'm a TURBO BUICK owner...money doesnt Scare me! lol .

ha ha lol , I see a lot of that on here:tongue:

I am cheap , like to beat people and then say Ive only got a couple grand in the car then when they say a couple grand in mods? say no buying the car mods ,registration , insurance ,gas in the tank, etc....:biggrin:

AMEN! Thats half the fun! My brother in law likes to just about get a new import car every other year. He'll throw thousands of dollars into each one and barely get into the 13's and get crappy gas mileage. Now it pleases me to no end to tell him i only have 700$ into the car and already faster than his Nismo modded 350Z or supercharged RSX-S, Or his mini-S....or his MSP5 turbo...or...or....or. only got the GS for 3500$ XD! and getting 32-34mpg! Wonder how the new GS will stack up? =3

OH! Almost forgot! Now he has a new VW GTI he's starting to mod... Guess i can hold off til later this year for a Ported Gen V or turbo. Meanwhile my T-type in the garage is like...ummmmm Hellooo? Whats going on out there? Where are MY new parts and stuff? HeLLOOO? lol