You can type here any text you want

Worst day ever.....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fatride

Well just recently got divorced and was finally starting to get back on my feet. Yesterday I went to my bank to make a deposit. When the teller gave me my balance I almost fell on the floor. Someone got ahold of my Visa ATM card # and took everything I had via the internet. I have nothing, they took everything I had in my name........ I still have that sick feeling in my stomach. The bank said I should get a line of credit for what was taken, and then there is a 90 day investigation. Everything was charged via the internet and all transactions were in europe. I can't believe Visa didn't catch this when it was happening. I don't know how much worse things can get from here? but at least I have my health for now

Well just recently got divorced and was finally starting to get back on my feet. Yesterday I went to my bank to make a deposit. When the teller gave me my balance I almost fell on the floor. Someone got ahold of my Visa ATM card # and took everything I had via the internet. I have nothing, they took everything I had in my name........ I still have that sick feeling in my stomach. The bank said I should get a line of credit for what was taken, and then there is a 90 day investigation. Everything was charged via the internet and all transactions were in europe. I can't believe Visa didn't catch this when it was happening. I don't know how much worse things can get from here? but at least I have my health for now

Sorry to hear that man, i in a way feel your pain. Someone tried to break into my house, steal my T-type, The police Didnt even Care, Ive got the flu, low on cash, got scammed in an MLM and they still have access to my bank account, and its supposed to rain for the next month.:frown::(:(

Damn, what bank was it? I had someone in Europe charge $640 airline tickets to my account. I immediately called the bank and they had the money back in 2-3 days!!!

OMG! When it rains it pours. :eek:

Somebody was sleeping at the wheel.
They should have red flagged this and contacted you immediately.:rolleyes:

I had two charges on my CC in one day so my bank disabled the card. One was for Microsoft in WA state and the other was for software out of Sweden. I would rather go through that than lose everything.

You need to use a CC for anything online period. If it is tied to your bank account, it can be drained and up a creek. You caught it in time so you are better off than if you had waited three days and the bank was only liable for 50%.

They should have to give it back because they screwed up. They should also be able to trace where the money went.

Mikey

I felel your pain...it happened to me about 10 years ago...mysteriously I had $400 come up missing from my account...called the bank and all they could tell me was "do you buy online because that's a good way to lose your cash"...this was before I even used the internet. So the answer was "no".

Long story short somehow some ass clown by the name of Mark Munford in Fayetteville NC got a hold of my card number and used it to pay off a $400 phone bill to Sprint. It took a long time to get my money back. Only thing I can figure is someone with one of those carbon copy charge card machines (the kind that slide back and forth - what was used before the electronic ones we have now) must have given him the info or he was somewhere I was that day collecting the info from unsuspecting people...I don't know but I've since been more careful around where I use my card/how I use it. You can never be too careful.

Congratulations on your divorce. Sorry to hear about your bank account. That's a drag. Hope you can get that damn mess straightened out.

Want to feel a little better???? Read this: on my honeymoon night with my SECOND wife....she announced to me that she owes $29,967 to credit card companies.....that's right.....$29,967....I'll never forget that number. Plus, she was pregnant....I didn't know that night either. You can guess how long I was in debt, buddy...a real long time. At one time I worked 7 days week steadily for over 10 months (I was a lot younger then) That's right....7 days a week, Sat and Sun for over 10 months straight, made a fortune and it ALL went to that thing I married. All of it. It took me years and years to get out of debt and back to being like you guys..doing good, playing with cars, having a good time, being in a great relationship. And I sure learned a lot...unhappy was my middle name, and my last name was "stupid." Yes, we are divorced now, but she still does her best to hurt me, even though I'm married to the most wonderful, loving gal in the world now. (going on 7 years, a record for me) I couldn't be happier. And no one can break that bond I have with my wife. I know it angers my ex that I'm happier than life itself, so she uses my daughter as a weapon against me, which I DO NOT LET IT BOTHER ME. Hard, but, I have to be.

Shows no matter how bad it can get for you, good things can happen to you in the future.....so.....take it from Mr. Experienced.....never give up. And fight every wrong ever done to you....you'll win in the end. Now you'll have to excuse me...I'm going upstairs to watch the World Series!!!! GO RANGERS!!! That Cliff Lee better straighten up now!!!!!!!

Bruce '87 Grand National

Few years back had someone in Haiti and also Turkey running up my business debit card. Bank took care of everything quickly and got my money back. New card number and then it happened again. Bunch of other people were in the bank at the same time with the same problems, they had a major hack into their security. Everything turned out OK in the end but a scary week for sure.

Considering it was from Europe I would go directly to the bank manager and request that ur funds be replaced immediately! If that doesnt work ask to speak with the regional supervisor. Ud be suprised how effective that can be.

Each bank has a fraud unit and should have flagged such a transaction.

Btw, NEVER keep more then a couple G's in an ATM/VISA account to prevent such a headache.

What Brett said. I have traveled out of the country without telling the card company a few times and they have called everytime. They could not reach me one time when I was in Brazil and they shut down the card until I called and answered the security questions.

That is awful to hear Nick, hang in there bud things can only get better from here. It is terrible to see this kind of bull$hit go down to such a good person.

A freind of mine got popped with an overlimited $4,700 recently.:eek:

Took him a couple weeks of headeache but they straightened it out.

Congrats on the Divorce!!!!:cool:

Want to feel a little better???? Read this: on my honeymoon night with my SECOND wife....she announced to me that she owes $29,967 to credit card companies.....that's right.....$29,967....I'll never forget that number. Plus, she was pregnant....I didn't know that night either. You can guess how long I was in debt, buddy...a real long time.

Damn Nick,sorry to hear ,but what was said..it can only get better now..

Bruce....I was expecting the answer to how long you were in Dept to be ONE DAY.:rolleyes:

Back