Would like any input

OMG,hope you have a flame suit on.............
some wont even port the inside of a TTA intercooler....man i feel for you...:):) nice knowing ya..hehehe J/k
Dennis

My last 3 cars were trailer queens and this one was scheduled to have the same life...till I drove it...then drove it some more....Once I started moding it and driving it and racing it!...I have been set free!!!

Do it and don't look back...post some pictures and your opinions on it.

OMG,hope you have a flame suit on.............
some wont even port the inside of a TTA intercooler....man i feel for you...:):) nice knowing ya..hehehe J/k
Dennis

K members , 12bolt or 9" Ford rear ends, can be easily changed back .. NO cutting to make them fit.. A nice TTA intercooler ..well we know you won't pay the price BUT lots do ! :p
TTAs to me are "just a car " to have a blast with . I did all sorts of stuff to the 10k mile TTA Stage 2 project I was doing. BUT nothing was cut . Went back to stock easily when I decided I didn't want the car anymore. :p
Oh as far as the K frame. Gives ya a TON of room !! I didn't care for the "feel" of it driving on the street BUT I am fussy !

Didnt Steve TTA850 have a problem cracking the strut towers with one of these pieces? Think it was a support issue :redface:

To me get the car going really fast sub 11.0 in the 1/4 and then worry about these things. Or spend money.. the economy needs it :D

Didnt Steve TTA850 have a problem cracking the strut towers with one of these pieces? Think it was a support issue :redface:

ya he did. I really don't remember why.. My buddy has had one for years with no problems . Personally I think its a "first" thing to do with a TTA ! Look at the weight savings and all the room ya get :biggrin: Liike Julio said.. Get the car flying first .:biggrin:

The car already had a 3" downpipe etc. when I got it, and now has quite a lot of mods, dana 44, Built 200-4r with a brake, so I guess at this point more bolt on parts shouldn't be a concern. Looks like I'll have to put that on the back burner for now though because 6" of rain in the last day have let me know I can't put off re-shingling my roof any longer :(

Thanks for the input though. I wonder if guys having problems cracking the strut mount used the spohn k-frame? You can get it set up for a stock location spring or a coilover, but the spohn coilover kit comes with a big metal plate for the strut tower if using the coilover option.

Attachments

• MVC-025S.JPG
    MVC-025S.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 140
That Dana 44 is a problem...so much so that you'd be better served selling it cheap to... uhh...someone like me....just sayin'.

yeah, the 44's aren't easy to find.

I think it also might be a little better to just get an OEM manual steering box instead of swapping to a rack and pinion. I'm not a big fan of the link that they run up to the steering arm on the spindle (the bump steer kit that seems to be needed on most rack and pinion conversions) I doesn't look as strong as I would like it for a car that will see a lot of street miles (and I'd save 500$)