You can type here any text you want

Would this make the car look funny?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

buickturbo-t

I am looking at a set of Weld draglites that are 15x8's with 3.5 backspacing for the front and rear of my car. Usually people run a smaller wheel up front so that the dish is not as wide. Ive searched and searched for pictures to see if they would look ok, but can't come up with anything. Please help.

Thanks Adam

edit

I don't mean smaller in diameter but smaller in width like a 15x6 or 7. Sorry for not being very clear.

In my opinion, it would look pretty good. BUT, if you run too wide of a tire, you will probably rub the fender lip in the front. Same thing if you run a wide tire in the rear. I had 8" wide rims on my GN years ago, with the 3.5 inch BS. The fronts were 245s, and when they hit big bumps, they also hit the fender lip.

These are probably close, if not the same size and backspacing you're looking at...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

If you buy them, post some pics, because I've been thinking about going 15x8's with 3 3/4" backspacing and I'm wondering how the front fitment will look also :)

I will definitely post some pics if I get them, another concern that I have is that the wheels are Weld Draglite XP, I called Weld and they said that they do not make them anymore but I was able to get them to tell me how much the wheels weighed. They said 22 lbs for the 15x8's and 24 lbs for the 15x10's. That’s almost 10lbs more per a wheel than the standard draglite. I did find a good deal on these though, about $100.00 per a wheel brand new in the box. The reason I was getting new wheels was to get rid of the heavy GN wheels that I have now, so I might be defeating the purpose. Thanks for the reply.

Adam

Back