Wow! A perfect car on EBAY

IRACEIT

[URL='84 GN Low miles!!!!!]http://cgi..ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2482732760&category=6137#ebayphotohosting[/URL]

Ya, Ive been looking at that one....it's beautiful, Ive always liked the 84 interior, but on almost every 84 you find, its all gone to hel. That interior is in perfect condition.

Yes its a GORGOUS interior. My plan would be to buy that.. remove the hot air drivetrain and slip in an IC driveline and put in an 87 grill:) NOW that would be ONE beautiful GN.. WHY did GM stop with that interior in GN's anyway??

That would be cool....man that would be one badass GN. Im not sure why they stopped that interior, but perhaps it was a cost issue, as it looks like such an interior would take longer to craft, and the materials are obviously more expensive. The one thing I like about cloth though, is its durability, most GNs with cloth still look realy nice...while the leather is another story...

That is a sweet car. but i have to say, to take out the hotair motor and throw in an 86/7 DT and to change the grille would be like raping a perfect car. its pretty well intended to be a showcar, not a fast track car. I'll bet that thing would prolly pull hard as ever, considering the low clicks, no racing or whatnot. That car should remain the way it is, the way gm intended it to be when they rolled it off the showroom floor :) just my 2 cents anyhow. If I had the cash, id buy it, and drive it like twice a year. its just too nice to drive!:p

That's the nicest '84 I've ever seen. I too would leave it just the way it is. Maybe just a few basic mods to make sure it ran well, but keep all the stock parts on hand.

When it comes to issues like emblems I wouldn't be overly concerned.

My 1984 GN has the upright hood emblem found on the TTypes! I have caught flak from many purists who have stated "No '84 GN came with that!" hmmm... sorta funny that I have seen an '84 GN advertisement showing an '84 GN with the upright nose emblem. (I am not the original owner, and the car was never wrecked)

I would look at the overall features combined that show the car to be a genuine 1984 GN... the interior, badging, and the factory placement of the trunklid build code. (If the trunklid build code isn't there I would be concerned)

Ya, I noticed that missing rear emblem as well, but I find some wierd things happen with these cars. For instance, my 85 GN came from the factory with a 3.72 Posi rear end, I am the original owner, so I know it hasnt been touched. On the intake manifold, where there is usually a turbo 6 emblem, ive just got a plain old red dot. Wierd stuff.

I can't recall any untouched 84's that did have a rear GN emblem. I do however remember seeing one with the hood emblem:confused: and many without

Hey GNA, You coulda gotten ripped off by the dealer. Sometimes people see the value of these cars and they take things that are not immediately noticible, or may be worth a penny or two on the repair list, so when you are missing a trim piece, or molding, always think twice about factory settings and inquire.

Reason why I blame the dealer for your emblem is, my father bought a t-type in 1986, it was an 85 leftover, and when he got it home, he noticed that the dash plate was a regal dash plate with gold trim, not grey, and he noticed the emblem on the motor was removed and replaced with a yellow cap. He went back to the dealer and the dealer said it was there when he left, and acused my dad of taking the parts and wanting more....needless to say, my dad was furious, returned the car, called GM corporate and the better business bureau or consumer affairs one or the other, and then left it up to them to find out what was up...The dealer was eventually sued ny a ton of people for crap they did, and went under, and my dad never bought another buick again....Shame, but he doesnt regret it...He had 4 chevelles, two of which were ss 396's!!!

John

no such rear ratio as 3.72.. Do you mean 3.73?? Whats your GU or GT code on the trunk lid??

Originally posted by GNAsuka
Ya, I noticed that missing rear emblem as well, but I find some wierd things happen with these cars. For instance, my 85 GN came from the factory with a 3.72 Posi rear end, I am the original owner, so I know it hasnt been touched. On the intake manifold, where there is usually a turbo 6 emblem, ive just got a plain old red dot. Wierd stuff.

I dont know the code, as about 8-9 years ago someone rearended me, and when I got the car repaired, they never put the sticker back on the trunk. As for the 3.73 ratio, 3.72 is written on the rearend. Ive been told that it's the same rearend as the Monte Carlo SS.

its 3.73..
I sure *HOPE* its NOT a MCSS rear. They are NOT the same as whats in a TR.. 7.5" in the SS (fragile) and 8.5" (strong) in the TR

Hey GNA, On the emblem on the intake manifold my 85 has the turbo 6 design. On my other 85 that I stripped, it has the red dot.Don't know what's up with that. Maybe some GN guru could enlighten us. Hal