You can type here any text you want

writeup for swapping chips???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

j13smiley

i tried searching but couldn't find anything. i have an ls1 car that i program - but i just got a '89 tta that has a chip in it.

i know it's a red armstrong chip - but i don't know which version it is. i have the stock chip - which i think i want to put back in.

can some one tell me the procedure/locations to swap chips? do i just unplug the battery, pull the old chip off and put on the new one? anything special i have to do or be careful of?

any opinions on the RA chip that is on there? i'm assuming the chip should be labled so i can tell which version it is... but right now i don't know.

only mods i was told of are a k&n cone filter, voltage booster, and the RA chip. stock injectors and everything else.

Just swap the chips. The unplugging the wires just accelerates the learn-in time a little. Just don't introduce any static electricity to the mix.

so just unplug the old and pop the new one on. that's what i needed! thanks!

i'm gonna put the stock chip back on until i learn a little more about the car and what mods for it....

Back