You can type here any text you want

WTB 1978-79 Lesabre Sport Coupe Turbo

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WE2Regal

Looking for 1978 or 1979 Lesabre Sport Coupe Turbo project car. Running or not. Not looking for a high dollar perfect car, but also not looking for a rust bucket.

Looking for 1978 or 1979 Lesabre Sport Coupe Turbo project car. Running or not. Not looking for a high dollar perfect car, but also not looking for a rust bucket.
I've got a 1979 Buick Century Turbo Coupe but its not a LeSabre.

Can you give a brief description of condition, price and your location? Thank you.

Condition is completely original and needing a total restoration. Even has the correct turbine wheels, was silver in color. Original paint but its completely gone. Correct hood and rear spoiler. For some reason I think it needs floor pans but I may be wrong, haven't looked at it in years. Its just like this car:
. $5K. I'm in Martinsville, VA

Whether you're interested or not I have a great story and its why I wanted one of these cars. I graduated high school in 1981 and in '81-82 I was living in central Florida and used to race my '57 Chevy at Orlando Speed World in Bithlo. One afternoon I pulled into the pits and beside me was an "old man," probably 55-60 years old - but I was 17. He had one of these, a Century Turbo Coupe but it was maroon in color and had a set of Centerline wheels all around. I'd never seen one before and paid little attention to it until he opened the truck, removed a floor jack and two Centerlines with slicks - and went about installing them. His name was Dick, Dick Griffith. From Michigan. His car ran mid-12s and he was at the track quite a bit. I remember him sandbagging and running in the 13.00 class. Later, after college, I bought a book on "history of Chevrolet Performance." Thumbing through it I got to the section of the turbo Corvair Spyders and standing beside the car was.....Dick Griffith. He was a GM engineer. A couple of years later, after high school, the Buick Grand National came out, I truly believe that car was a factory test mule. Here's what i do: www.autoinstruments.com

Love the turbine wheels on those cars. Too bad their only 14". I bought a stash of parts a few years ago that included an unknown set of NOS Buick center caps. I finally figured out they were for the turbine wheels like your car has. I'll send you a PM to get a phone number for more info. Thanks again.

Back