WTB 85 Turbo Riv oil pan

Whatcha going to do with this? You know there were only 1,112 cars made with one of these 20 bolt oil pans. I'd like to have a few spares too. I'm just thinking if you aren't using this on a Riviera than it would be a shame to hack up a rare and hard to find part like this. Maybe you'd be better off with one of those RJC deep sumps?

Need the pan for a hybrid. I'm building another S10 with a GN engine. The pan won't be modified at all. The RJC pan is nice but won't work with my application, the sump needs to be farther back towards the rear of the engine to clear the cross member. I just parted an 85 Riv and compaired it to a custom oil pan I have for the application and they are very close in where the sump is located.

Still Looking for a Riv oil pan.

Sounds like you have your engine set back a little further than it needs to be. I've seen a few S-10's and the stock G-body pan works fine on them. I guess this is for a 4WD/AWD? Right?

Thanks for the link its very much appreciated.

The stock oil pan can be used but , the crossmember has to be notched, about 5x8 and about 2-3 inches deep. This has been done to my first S10. On my second S10 project I wanted to avoid this, and that's where the custom pan came into the plan. It made it possible to install the engine without cutting the crossmember.

GM actually made 1 89 S10 with a GN engine, they were forced to move the firewall back 2 inches. My truck is 2 wheel drive. Here's a link to the GM made GN powered S10, its sort of a cool article.

http://www.sportmachines.com/magrack/truck_sport_utility_2-93_1.html

Do you know if the Turbo Riv. oil pick up is still available? Either GM or aftermarket?

Intercooled88s said:
Do you know if the Turbo Riv. oil pick up is still available? Either GM or aftermarket?

The Riv pick up is discontinued. Its the same for all 1979-1985 V-6 Rivs though.