You can type here any text you want

WTB 86 or 87 Grand National

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The_Six

I’m looking for a Grand National in the 5 k to 6 k range. I would like one with t tops if possible other then that painted bumpers would be nice and no red interior. Its going to be a daily driver so if it is drivable that would be great.

If you are looking for a GN only then you dont have to worry about chrome bumpers or red interior.

Since all Grand National's are black only, not to sound like a jerk, but you should do more research. That price, your going to get a somewhat ratted out T-type if your lucky, and even then, it will be an 84-85. Having gotten my first GN back last September, i suggest thorougly going through the car you want, and be ready to pay more for pampered and un or lightly modified or else your buying a money pit. My 85 is a hot air (non intercooled) car, and i love it, but i paid $8500.00 for it after the prior owner had already had a lot of the big work done. I have spent about $4k since on it because more needed to be done. Done forget, your looking at 22+ year old cars.

I have been looking around and it seams like you can get an 86 and 87 drivers from 7 on up in good shape. I would take a t-type too didn’t relies a t-type wasn’t considered a GN I always thought it was a T-type GN and a GNX GN. I know in this price range I’m going to have to lay down some paint and some interior work. I don’t mind the work I would rather not have a perfect car that way I don’t feel guilty when I change it. I had a chance to get a nice one for 8k but wrecked my truck and fixing it took some of my car cash. So now I have to lower my standers. I’m not looking for a low mileage car that is going to be show worthy this is more like I want some thing fun to drive but still big enough I can put the kids in if I have too.

The body wasnt as much of a concern as the mechanicals. Its real easy unless your really adept with your own repairs to spend 2-3k at a crack for seemingly minor repairs.

Good luck though. Once you get one, you will be hooked.

I can do most of the work my self I would rather buy tools then labor. I spend a lot of time driving the trials so I ether had to learn to build my own rigs our go broke.

Im still looking ton of cars for sale up north but nothing down here.

No longer looking thanks every one that tried to help me find one.

Back