You can type here any text you want

wtb: clean 86-87 tubobuick hardtop in Western NC/SC

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

kevinw

looking for nice clean buick t-type or gn in western Nc and SC area under $10K

86 GN and rolled GN.

I have an 86 GN that is a moonroof car. It has been sitting out for about 4 years and in need of some work. I broke the crank sensor bracket on it about 2 years ago. When I got time to replace the bracket it was not getting fuel. The car will run as long as you are pouring gas down the plume. I guess the fuel pump is out. I wrecked the car in the mid 90's. The buick place did the work. They had to put a right rear quarter and both frount fenders on the car. I hit a street sign and a enbankment after loosing control of the car pulling out. Anyway I do not have time to work on the car and it is giong down sitting in my yard. I am going to sale the car and a rolled 86 GN also. The rolled car is complete. I have removed the Mass air flow sensor, alt., coilpack, and the powermaster brake unit. Every thing else is on the car. That car was also running when I parked it. $6500.00 for the one sitting in my yard and $2500.00 for the rolled one. Or $8000.00 for both of them. If you are interiested I can send you pics of both cars. I am in East Tennessee, just outside of Knoxville.

Kevin,
I have an '87 dark blue Turbo T. It only has about 45,000 miles on it.

But, you should know, it was one of the original five M-85 Methanol cars that the US Govt. used in '87 and '88 to test out the concept of using 85% methanol as an alternative fuel. Of course it has been converted back to using premium gasoline fuel.

The car is in great shape, but needs a paint job and the back of the rear seat covered. It sat in the sun for years.

I'll take considerably less than $10,000 for it.

I have some digital pics of the car and I'll be happy to send some to you.

I live in Waco, NC just outside of Shelby, NC and about 45 miles west of Charlotte.

Picture of Methanol Car

Here is a picture of the '87 methanol car with 46,800 miles on it.

Attachments

• IM000018.jpg
    IM000018.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 301
Sold!

Kevin,
I have an '87 dark blue Turbo T. It only has about 45,000 miles on it.

But, you should know, it was one of the original five M-85 Methanol cars that the US Govt. used in '87 and '88 to test out the concept of using 85% methanol as an alternative fuel. Of course it has been converted back to using premium gasoline fuel.

The car is in great shape, but needs a paint job and the back of the rear seat covered. It sat in the sun for years.

I'll take considerably less than $10,000 for it.

I have some digital pics of the car and I'll be happy to send some to you.

I live in Waco, NC just outside of Shelby, NC and about 45 miles west of Charlotte.

The car has been sold!!!

I know you did Mike. The guy liked the rims. All they need is a little soap and a brush, then a pressure wash. That brake dust is still a demon!!

Back