wtb handgun

tntdiablo

looking for a nice handgun to carry on my semi truck,someone broke into my truck this weekend and stold everything.i am in cocoa,fl

looking for a nice handgun to carry on my semi truck,someone broke into my truck this weekend and stold everything.i am in cocoa,fl

I think carrying a handgun will get you into trouble. If you carry it in your semi truck and somebody breaks in again, they will steal your gun as well. If you use the gun when the victim is unarmed, then you will probably face jail time. Better off investing in a good security system for your semi.

i want it for protection,i work 3rd shift and go into some bad areas.i deliver car parts to dealers in the middle of the night and have been confronted a couple of times.this time i won't be leaving it in the truck on the weekends while i'm at home

This is what I carry........small, lightweight.....you don't need to hit them....the noise will scare them away....

Attachments

• 162414_large.jpg
    162414_large.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 166
I think carrying a handgun will get you into trouble.

I think it is a good idea to carry in his situation (I know, he explained afterward). Here in Florida, it is legal to carry in your vehicle as long as the handgun is "securely encased" (legal definition). I carry mine in the car everyday and hope I never have to use it.

If confronted by someone who is armed or says they are armed, Florida law allows self protection with little to no personal repercussions. Finally, some freedom again.

is this a good deal?
mint condition glock 30 .45 acp first three digits in seriel numbers are kta which was manufactured in febuary 2007 and i bought is about a month after that. im the only owner. it was purchased in town at rieg's gun shop on obt.
extra are...
one 9rnd mag for concealment (30)
two g21 13rnd mags (30)
2 stock 10rnd mags one with peirce pinky extension(10)
20 rnds hornady +P self defense ammo(20)
20 rnds federation premium self defense ammo(20)
one uncle mikes outside pants holster with mag pocket(30)
one unkle mikes deep concealment holster(20)
3.5 lone wolff connector(15)

to date i have shot 470 rnds exactly thru it. and its been thoughly cleaned after each trip to the range
im looking to get a compact 9mm. i really want a walther p99c in all blue. but would consider g26 or something compareable
so i have roughly 175 in extra here plus the price of the gun at 600 so a total of 775 in it looking for 550 or trade
dont have any pictures now but anyone who wants to can come inspect it or ill get pictures if needed. im located in winter park fl right outside of orlando.

Buy a new handgun, not used. Never know what the history is of that thing, or any used one, and the energy to figure it out is a waste of time in my opinion.

Buying a gun to me is like underwear. Don't buy it used.

Honestly, I would take your class for permit to carry. It could never hurt to better versed in how to handle a gun responsibly. It's only a 4 hour class, and it gives you a state license. That could clear up some future legal issues. Also a revolver that is hammerless is best. Revolvers are idiot proof, just pull the trigger unlike a semi. I own a Sig Sauer 9mm and am investing in a revolver that as I mentioned is hammerless. the benefit of no hammer is if you need to take it out in a rush the hammer can get caught on something, with out the hammer that takes another obstacle out of the equation.

But understand me completely, I would take the permit class 100%!!!!! and as mentioned above always buy new.

Just my $.02

i carry a glock 23. love the gun but its all about what fits your needs.

My suggestion would be to attend a local gun show. There will be plenty of people who will show your the ropes and there is usually a class you can enroll in to obtain your CCW permit. It's funny that a Californian is telling you that you'll get in trouble. ;) They've done lost all their rights to the criminals.

i dont open carry unless im wearing something where i cant conceale it. i carry 90% of the time and 90% of the time its concealed.

I thought you had open carry in Florida= we do in Va. Just watch out for scared cops.

NO... has to be concealed. NOW... it can be Obvious that you are packing, but you can't be able to actually "see" the weapon.

FL is really nice, because its permits are for "Weapons"... not just "firearms"(like MI:mad: ). I can carry swords, knives, numbchucks, ect.:p :p

Just no explosives:frown: :frown: Maybe they'll ratify that later;)