WTB/ Looking for GNX dummy light strip

Soldier_GN

I been looking for a plastic dummy light strip and a few friends on the board told me to look here. I know this is not the Parts Wanted section, but i already posted there with on luck. So im trying here in the GNX section.
2013-01-26 12.50.21.jpg

It apprently came from the GNX style dash cluster/ kit that my Gn came with. it looks like this. The strip im looking for has 6 slots/ boxes.

Check engine- Orange
Break- Red
Volts- Orange
Power Inj- Blue
Cruise- Green
Security- Orange

I need this or something close to it, since the stock dummy light strips will not work. If you can, Please help me out guys . Im ready to paypal...LOL

Johnathan
2013-01-26 12.50.21.jpg

2013-01-26 12.52.18.jpg

Sir,
What is this going in a GNX or GN....this is a picture of the GNX dash.
The part you have is not part of the GNX it is a GN part. The GNX has that built into the larger applique .

Attachments

• GNX dash parts002.jpg
    GNX dash parts002.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 233
X Ray
its going in my GN that came with a GNX guage cluster if you can help me out i would be truly grateful
johnathanr

X Ray
its going in my GN that came with a GNX guage cluster if you can help me out i would be truly grateful
johnathanr
Can you put up a picture of what you have....there were several recreation that are not all the same.

GNX Ray
Here is a pic of my dash cluster. VDO guages in the correct sizes as the GNX. Thany you for your help and time !! Sorry my phone is kinda crappy...LOL...should give ya an idea though....Seems the only things i can find online is the whole GNX applique, and then i have to get the whole guage holder plate...all in all its like a $500 redo job...way outa my budget...

Johnathan
2013-01-27 21.31.04.jpg
2013-01-27 21.31.15.jpg

See your has the lights on the left side. Mines has them on the right. Just cant afford to get the "correct" one like yours...

See your has the lights on the left side. Mines has them on the right. Just cant afford to get the "correct" one like yours...

I could use the Idiot lens also...I have an AVC GNX dash, but it was missing the idiot light lens, Xray sent you a PM..

the avc can use the stock filters , it uses a stock idiot lamp housing
get the right and left ones from a regal or riv dash and cut out what you need to make the filter , tape them together and install

Do they make the gnx idiot lights?

Mine on a original gnx have some cracking through the lenses
Cracking I mean the lenses looked scratched not
Broken
It's just annoying
If they made it I would swap it

Thanks Pete

Do they make the gnx idiot lights?

Mine on a original gnx have some cracking through the lenses
Cracking I mean the lenses looked scratched not
Broken
It's just annoying
If they made it I would swap it

Thanks Pete

What you are seeing is a crack in the applique covering the lenses... I think the red coloring cracks from the heat of the bulb. It is a normal issue for the GNX. It is hard to find a OEM replacement but it will also have the same issue in short order.

dash .jpg

I got my GNX dummy light strip from 2different sources...

got a set from Brian Weaver @ gbodyparts.com (along with a really cool magnetic calender). but that was the wrong one, so i passed them along to another board member in need of them.

87 WE2 hooked me up with the correct dummy light strip i needed... Hopes this helps out guys...