WTB - Tornado KI-75, 3 inch diameter.

HouTX87

Does anyone have one of these theyd be willing to sell? I cant seem to fnd one available online. Trying to fix the te44 part throttle surge.

Does anyone have one of these theyd be willing to sell? I cant seem to fnd one available online. Trying to fix the te44 part throttle surge.

Get rid of your front mount and go back to a stock intercooler with a dutt neck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of the Boost surge issues have been due to too much intercooler on a TE44 or TA49. So assumed I had a FM

Its an old cottons 1.5 I believe with big inlet neck . It could be contributing. I can drive around the surge but wanted to experiment with the tornado. Are these discontinued? I

eBay has them but I have a hard time trusting them not breaking and taking out the turbine. My buddy is going through this with his TA49 it just won’t hit unless you stomp on it. That throttle blade has to be wide open.

Yup, car drives fine but wont hit unless im full throttle or close to it. Then it runs great. Im still waiting to hear about one coming apart but havent heard about one yet. A lot of guys seemed to have good results. Switching to speed density also supposedly corrects this. So many guys switching to the sportsman i thought someone might have one laying around. Theres a few on ebay but not the right size. I have LT1 maf with 3" pipe.

I have the stock intercooler and had part throttle surge when I installed the TA-49 turbo. I installed the ki-75 tornado and it stopped all the part throttle surge. I know a lot people don't like these things, but it has stopped my surging issues.

My TA-49 does it too but not for long.
I have the stock intercooler and had part throttle surge when I installed the TA-49 turbo. I installed the ki-75 tornado and it stopped all the part throttle surge. I know a lot people don't like these things, but it has stopped my surging issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I read about the compressor surge issue and made sure to order an S ported shroud on my DBB5857SP when I replaced my stocker years ago. No compressor surge (maybe the Precision SLIC) helps too?

Yup, still got it. $30 shipped. Message me if interested.