You can type here any text you want

WTT 1990 Collector 454SS Chevy truck w/68 miles for GNX

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

geo3mindspring

I have a 1990 454 SS cheverolet Truck with only 68.7 actual miles. Yes :eek: 68.7 ACTUAL miles ,Truck has been kept up in every way, no flaws. Wanting to trade for a GNX low mile car. Asking $49,900.00 for the truck would like to trade even or down not really wanting to trade up.

Not to offend, but you are grossly exaggerrating the value of your truck, and can pretty much guarantee that you will never achieve what you're trying to do. Don't get me wrong, they were nice looking trucks, but...............wow.

NADA, which IMO puts values on the high side, shows around $10,600 for the 454SS, even with those miles.

Pickup Truck
1990 Chevrolet C1500 Pickup 1/2 Ton
Fleetside "454SS"

Low Retail Average Retail High Retail
Base Price

$5,450 $6,825 $7,875

Mileage

69 miles $2,725
Added premium for low mileage should not exceed 50% of Trade-In value. $2,725
Added premium for low mileage should not exceed 50% of Trade-In value. $2,725
Added premium for low mileage should not exceed 50% of Trade-In value.

TOTAL PRICE $8,175
$9,550*
$10,600

Oof.

Welby said:
Not to offend, but you are grossly exaggerrating the value of your truck, and can pretty much guarantee that you will never achieve what you're trying to do. Don't get me wrong, they were nice looking trucks, but...............wow.

NADA, which IMO puts values on the high side, shows around $10,600 for the 454SS, even with those miles.

Oof.

You can not go by book value, 10K is not even in the ball park. Here is a 100K mile truck for 9 grand!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1990...ryZ90965QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

70Mach1 said:
True, but that 9 grand truck is exceptionally clean. I am sure the SS has value, but come on $50K?

The 50K asking price is almost as crazy as you saying it's a $10,000 truck :eek:

your complaining about the 50grand he wants a low milage gnx for trade??????

trophystock said:
The 50K asking price is almost as crazy as you saying it's a $10,000 truck :eek:

Excuse me, but did you see anywhere that I said it was a $10K truck? I sure don't see where I said anything like that. But it sure as heck isn't a $50K truck.

If that truck is worth $50K, I guess my Mach is worth $200K.

Well, IMO $10,600 isn't enough either. I can see maybe 15 or $16,000, since it must be mint, but hey, it's only worth what someone will step up and pay for it. I can guarantee it's not $50,000 :tongue:

I think maybe if you choose to revise your add, and ask to trade for a clean HIGH 90K+ mile GN, you might get a bite or two... But a GNX in ANY condition I think you could pretty much forget.

Even a clean low mileage GN or Ttype owner would have to have some screws loose to take you up on this offer.

No offense, I like the truck, but 50K for it is simply not going to happen.

My point was that you can not go by "book" value for alot of cars. Try buying a clean low mileage GNX for book value, it can't be done. The TTAs are the opposite as the book value is overrated.

Here was a butchered one with 47k miles, http://www.barrett-jackson.com/auctionresults/common/cardetail.asp?id=170321
mine is an unmolested untouched stock perfect truck with only 68.7 actual miles on the truck. I think that for a true collector who can and would want to afford it this is a great addition. There was also one sold at an estate auction in florida with only 104 actual miles, owned by a collector, 2 months ago to a Cheverolet dealer out of texas for $61,900.00. Remember they will never make a 1990 454 ss truck again. To the right person it would be like your mastercard "PRICELESS".
Anyway if anyone is interested in engaging into competent conversation let me know. Now I know why I have never been active in a forum. Even when you are asked to read the rules you evidently don't. I think I will go back to just lurking around and leave the irrelevant conversing to you guys. Thanks for showing me early so I didnt get to attached. I just pray the moderator reads this.
I could not imagine trashing other people just for the _ _ _ _ of it.

However I do appreciate Trophystock trying to help.

i agree compleatly with geo3. . . if you have no intrest in buying the truck you should shut up. . . just becuse you guys cant afford his asking price doesnt give you reason to trash it.

Yeah, everyone should just keep our opinions to ourselves and let the add go to 50 pages back!!!! Just kidding! 50K is rediculous! But, I'm sure there is some rich shmuck on Barret-Jackson that has more money than brains that would pay that!! I'd say put it on there and see what you'll get! That amount of miles is amazing, may be worth it to someone but probably not on this webstite. Good luck with the sale! I'd say honestly I think you could probably get $25-30K from the right buyer! ;)

My dad was a collector, He died in June from cancer, He told my mom all the prices for the cars, This is the price he told her it should be able to bring. Who am I to go against my fathers wishes. He told her that if he didnt make it he wanted my brother to get a GNX (which he always wanted, poor kid lost his dad at 15 years old) and that the truck should bring enough money to get a low milage (25 to 50k miles) GNX. Seems half way reasonable to me. But I can't exactly ask my dad if this is correct so pardon any issues you may have with my thinking here. Hope this clears up some things.
Is there any way I can just delete this post and end the pissing contest??????

I meant no disrespect my dad is currently fighting serious health issues so I deffinetly see your point.I hope your brother gets his gnx!!!

Do some research sell the car at a serious aucton and take what you get. Use it for a down payment. GNXs are bringing huge $$$ now a days. Sorry to hear about your father. I couldn't even imagine. Good luck!!! Put it on Barret-Jackson, you might be suprised!! ---Jeremy

Back