X Bash Update!!!!!!

TXGS

Kirk From Temple Academy Dragway Called me today and
stated they would not be open on the 23rd due to
construction at the track. We will instead try to go
to Seguin - San Antonio Raceway (Not Confirmed yet)

IF you have a hotel Reservation for temple please
cancel the reservation. I should have an update this
weekend.

Please pass the word out to all people going to the
race.

Thanks

Phil-

I am confused and a little pived. This race has been scheduled for over a month with the track and also all the participants. Why is the information just now being advertised. The track had to know this before now!

Mitch

Guys I was called by the track on friday night. I asked them why they could not have told me a month prior that the plans to do some renovations were in the works. Believe me I am irritated as well because of the time I put in to set up a hotel that would be suitable for trailors and not a roach motel. In addition posting on 3 websites and 3 email forums etc.

Phil-

I am confused and a little pived. This race has been scheduled for over a month with the track and also all the participants. Why is the information just now being advertised. The track had to know this before now!

Mitch

I think you have a legit reason to be peeved. But I don't believe questioning Phil regarding the actions of the track is going to solve what peeves you. I think you would be better served calling the track and getting that answer from them. I believe in all honesty all Phil wants is to get a place for a day to hang out with all his Buick friends. He doesn't control the weather or the actions of the track owners. And knowing Phil like I do, I would be willing to bet he posted it as quick as he found out. He's pretty thorough.

SAR does not even show that they are open on the 23rd. :confused:

BTW - I don't think that BuickBoy's comments were directed at Phil but rather at the racetrack ownership for their neglectful actions. At least that is the way I took it when I first read it. Unfortunately, despite Phil's hard work year after year the racetracks have not delivered due to one aspect or another. With that being said, I too unfortunately had high hopes for Temple to come through.:frown:

Phil, I know you trying hard to fix the problem and I appreciate you for doing so. Thanks.

BTW - I don't think that BuickBoy's comments were directed at Phil but rather at the racetrack ownership for their neglectful actions. At least that is the way I took it when I first read it.

I was not saying his comments were or were not directed at Phil. I am saying I would call the track and express my displeasure. Im sure the track management does subscribe to this forum and would not know any differently if it were expressed here.

*note* I guess I was saying he was directing his comments after re-reading my post. My intention was to state we were questioning the wrong person. Sorry for my error.

Guys just for Clarity: I am not mad at anyone other than the track.

The comment I posted before was in regard to being upset at the track and not the other person that was upset.

As for San Antonio they do have something planed for the 23rd due to the rain out this weekend. I hope to have details tommorrow.

I like Praire Hill also but some did not care so much for it that is why I suggested San Antonio.

I like Praire Hill also but some did not care so much for it that is why I suggested San Antonio.
I would drive the extra distance to San Antonio before I will go back to Prairie Hill again. I did not feel safe running on that track last year.

This may be good for us in the long run. As long as I have been going to Little River they have not made many improvements. You are taking your life into your own hands by just walking on those bleachers and half the lights on score board are burned out. Little River maybe too far or closer for some of us, but it is centrally located!

Raul