You can type here any text you want

xfi and windows vista?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RICHIE HIGH PSI

Are the compatable?
My new lap top has windows vista, cant get newest version of xfi on it.
anyone know?
Thanks

Does it use Ccom WP? If so, I can give it a try on Monday and see if I can get it loaded. I have a laptop running Windows XP and have FAST running on that without a problem. Its also running via USB which is nice.

Ok, I was able to install C-com WP Xfi version 1.333 on Windows Vista Ultimate and got it working. I only have the classic box so I cant tell you if it will connect or not but I do not see why it wouldnt. Reading all tables worked, the different screens came up with no issue. Opening a demo log file and viewing the base VE table tracks with the log like it should.

This is just a base shot of a couple tables open. You can tell its Vista by the "glass" look of the main window.

FASTXfiVista.jpg

This is how you should be able to install and run Xfi on Vista.

- Extract the install files to your desktop (just makes it easier, they do not need to stay there).
- Open the folder and locate the Setup.exe file (if file extensions are not turned on it should just say Setup).
- Right click on this file and choose Properties
- In the Properties dialog click on the Compatibility tab
- Click to place a check in the box next to "Run this program in compatibility mode for"
- Click the drop down list below that and choose Windows XP (service pack 2) if it is not already chosen.
- Click the OK button to accept the changes and close out of the dialog

You should now be able to double click the Setup file and go through the install process.

I took a Vista laptop home, a Dell XPS something or other. I got the programs installed but could not connect to my ECU. It seems that Vista needs a driver for the actual box to allow it to communicate. :confused:

Back