You can type here any text you want

XFI changing from 16V to 14Volts.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cheeseburger

I decided to scrap using a 16v setup and am going back to 12-14 volt set up.
I had to raise my fuel pressure to over 100+ to get it to idle without stalling
How many maps am i going to have to mess with to get this ontrack for stock voltage, base fuel map only or?
I had enough of trying the 16 volt setup, way too much trouble trying to get things correct while your losing voltage at the same time.
Before i really cranked up the fuel pressure i rechecked my crank ref, it was 50btdc on the trigger and 43 on the xfi (Don't recall ever changing it), i changed it to 50 on the ecm as well but is there a reason for it to be at 43 on the xfi?

Just trying to get motivated and get going on this car this year!

T.I.A.

Mike.

You are going about this the wrong way. What is your voltage reading on the XFI? What is your injector opening time? Although it's certainly not necesarry, you should consider getting the new XFI 2.0 when it becomes available. It has a voltage correction table.
Did you verify your timing with a timing light before you changed the Crank Referance Angle?

I decided to scrap using a 16v setup and am going back to 12-14 volt set up.
I had to raise my fuel pressure to over 100+ to get it to idle without stalling
How many maps am i going to have to mess with to get this ontrack for stock voltage, base fuel map only or?
I had enough of trying the 16 volt setup, way too much trouble trying to get things correct while your losing voltage at the same time.
Before i really cranked up the fuel pressure i rechecked my crank ref, it was 50btdc on the trigger and 43 on the xfi (Don't recall ever changing it), i changed it to 50 on the ecm as well but is there a reason for it to be at 43 on the xfi?

Just trying to get motivated and get going on this car this year!

T.I.A.

Mike.

Going to a 16 volt set up cured the problem we had with a batch fire FAST my Dad uses on his Stage 2 GN. Idle has been great, car runs very well.

No more voltage issues after making the switch.

Back