You can type here any text you want

XFI has been great for almost 2 years. Now it wont start

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I did that to make sure the tab is still there. Tab is intact. Screw was nice and tight.
As near as I can figure, the sensor must have been right on the edge of the window. Thats all I can figure happened.

The odd thing is that the XFI showed 83. I normally see around 75-78 which isn't that far off. I would take note of where the cam signal is now and keep tabs that it doesn't move.

It was at 101 and 102 today while it was running. The sensor is locked down tight. What would cause that number to change?

It will change if the sensor moves. A little variance is timing chain slop

I had a simular issue where the ign switch on the colume would drop the voltage to the xfi only while trying to start(cranking position). It was a dead spot in the switch. Just a thought.

Well I just spent several hours out there and my gut was correct.........it was the cam sensor. For some reason when I put it on TDC the window was almost at 6 oclock. I am not sure how it ran for as long as it did. Maybe it was right on the edge of where it had to be? No sure how and why, but it was definitely not where it should be. I pulled the whole sensor. Checked for looseness, wear on the gear and made sure that the ring with the window was tight (which it was). I reset it and it fired right up. I ran it for awhile and shut it down and restarted it several times with no issues.
Had same problem, if it happends again check the wires on harness and cam sensor. I had a bad wire.

Back