You can type here any text you want

XFI oil and fuel pressure sensors

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mike E

Mr. Badwrench
I'm down the setting up the electronics on my car and I have a few questions.
I have 0-200 psi FAST (SSI) sensors for both fuel and oil pressure. They are hooked to both the XFI and the FAST dash. I didnt' buy the fast analog harness, I just bought connectors and made my own. I have the calibration numbers for both sensors. It appears that there is no way to choose which sensor is hooked to which input. I assume from the pull down menu shown below Fuel pressure has to be hooked to input 1 and oil pressure hooked to input two. Is this right, or is there another menu to configure the names of each input?

analogsensors_zpsebff69ba.jpg

I'm down the setting up the electronics on my car and I have a few questions.
I have 0-200 psi FAST (SSI) sensors for both fuel and oil pressure. They are hooked to both the XFI and the FAST dash. I didnt' buy the fast analog harness, I just bought connectors and made my own. I have the calibration numbers for both sensors. It appears that there is no way to choose which sensor is hooked to which input. I assume from the pull down menu shown below Fuel pressure has to be hooked to input 1 and oil pressure hooked to input two. Is this right, or is there another menu to configure the names of each input?

you can change the names where it says "Edit Sensor Name" and put whatever you want there. By default it labels analog 1 as fuel and analog 2 as oil, but if you hooked them up reverse just change the name.

Mike im sure you know this already, but, those sensors need a 12v input, not 5v like most other ones. It can get confusing because based on the schematic it shows 5v powering the analog harness and the FAST sensors are 12v.

I didn't notice that changing the name also changes it in the pull down menu. It could still be a bit confusing. You just have to know the top position in the pull down is hooked to input 1 and so on. I guess I had different expectations and got cough up in it.

Yes I have the sensors hooked to a 12V source. I did hook the separate red wire in the drive shaft speed harness to 5V though.

Mike, in the dropdown menu that you showed, from top to bottom the pins are c12, c13,.....c19. So fuel psi is c12 and wastegate psi is c19. As mentioned before you can change the names of these, but what you need to know is what pin your sensor goes into. Should be very easy. just find the pin number on your plug and check the wiring output on the xfi help page.

Hopefully that helps.

Adrian

Back