You can type here any text you want

XFI - Oil & Fuel Pressure Not Working

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
Next problem...Just installed XFI with pressure sensors (oil & fuel pressure) kit. Engine runs fine. Installed sensors and connected to harness. Dash board indicates -25 for both at all times...engine running or not. How do I get dashboard to recognize sensors?
Conrad

Next problem...Just installed XFI with pressure sensors (oil & fuel pressure) kit. Engine runs fine. Installed sensors and connected to harness. Dash board indicates -25 for both at all times...engine running or not. How do I get dashboard to recognize sensors?
Conrad

Have you calibrated the sensors?

If you are using a Caspers jumper you need to open the jumper box and switch it over from EGR to sensors

Thanks for the help guys. The oil/fuel pressure sensors (and harness) came with the XFI and included the set-up info on the sensors. It did come with the Casper box. I saw some info about jumpers but was not sure that actually applied. Will open up the Casper box. Thanks.
Conrad

ps...sure would be nice if someone wrote an install & setup manual for XFI in a TR. To make it even more interesting, the XFI directions assume that you are working with a stock GN...not one with the classic FAST. I had to dig out the directions from my FAST to remove it to stock, then start the XFI install.

Guess most folks just take their TR to a dealer.

I have written several articles about installing an XFI in a Buick. The latest one was in last months BPG Buildsheet.

Very few people bring their Buick to a dealer for the install. Most people call their vendor for the tech support. With the vendor support available, no one should struggle.

I guess I'm a little different. Being an engineeer, I like to try to figure these things out for myself and ask questions when I get stumped. I learn more as I researcch the problem and others learn from my questions and from the answers. If no one ever asks a question, there would be no communications.
Conrad

Conrad, looks like you need to update your sig and get Cals name in there.

Great job with the tech support Cal!!! :biggrin:

Back